Intl Offline Jumpseating on American?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Jorgan

I've never Jumpseated on American, but am planning on going from MIA to LIM soon. I see from my J/S guide that they require us to call the jumpseat desk and list in advance. Does anyone know how far in advance we can make this listing?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on alternate plans such as CAL from IAH or DAL from ATL? I've never Jumpseated to South America and just wonder which might be easiest.

Thanks!

American and Continental both have recprical "special" lists that you have to be on to jumpseat internationally.. I have been to Lima 6 times, and always used delta. Never had any problems and got business both ways. Check in early pay and pay your taxes and you shouldnt have any problems. A backup ZED ticket or ID 90 is always good insurance.

and don't forget to list for the return flights before you leave the states. some require 24 hr notice for international, and I found out the hard way in mexico the # to list only works in the USA.
the one I listed on was looking full and the other carriers, CAL, DAL, needed me to be listed before they would talk to me at the counter. welcome to mex.
look into UPS from MIA. my buddy says it is the best way to get around down there. but I've yet to try myself.
have fun, been some solid souths already.

and don't forget to list for the return flights before you leave the states. some require 24 hr notice for international, and I found out the hard way in mexico the # to list only works in the USA.
the one I listed on was looking full and the other carriers, CAL, DAL, needed me to be listed before they would talk to me at the counter. welcome to mex.
what he said about the ID 90.

Even if you are on the list, alot of AA international flights are doubled crewed. If AA still only takes the number of j/s that the aircraft actually has, your screwed....had it happen a couple of times myself

I was under the impression that UPS and FedEx didn't allow INTL jumpseaters. Something to do with TSA rules. Could someone clarify this? And if it is indeed a TSA ban on jumpseating into or out of the US, could one jumpseat between two foreign countries? Such as CDG-FRA on FedEx.

Atlas / Polar is the way to go if possible. I have never been treated so well as a jumpseater than I was on Polar. Lots of room and plenty of food and nice people to get you through immigration fast at your destination.

you might want to check with intereurope js on ups or fedex. i know that UAL can take offline js in the cockpit if the flight does not originate or terminate in the US. (unless it changed again.) not many crews know this, they have to look up in the manual.

Latest resources

Back