Interviewing with a beard (CFI)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

It's neat and short, not a Grizzly Adams type beard.

Obviously, I won't be needing an oxygen mask but a beard doesn't project the professional pilot image I'm guessing will be the answer.

Not that I'm a great looker but my looks substantially plummet without the beard.

I'd prefer if it isn't necessary to shave it after being hired somewhere unless I know going in that it the people would be horrified if they saw the beard.

They'll be more horrified if I shave it but they won't know that.

Is is acceptable for CFI's to have a beard at some FBO's or Flight Schools or should I just ditch it and look like a freak but a professional freak? :)

Do you want the job or the beard?

Unless you know the people at the interview, and really think the job will be fine with it, you will have to make the choice.

It's not a question of if I'll cut it but when. I just thought I'd ask. I know what folks at 135/121 outfits would think of it, I'm just not sure about 91.

I think clean cut is best in any interview situation, and if the company you're interviewing for allows pilots to have a beard (short or otherwise) then you can look forward to growing it back. :)

-FW

It's neat and short, not a Grizzly Adams type beard.

Obviously, I won't be needing an oxygen mask but a beard doesn't project the professional pilot image I'm guessing will be the answer.

Not that I'm a great looker but my looks substantially plummet without the beard.

I'd prefer if it isn't necessary to shave it after being hired somewhere unless I know going in that it the people would be horrified if they saw the beard.

They'll be more horrified if I shave it but they won't know that.

Is is acceptable for CFI's to have a beard at some FBO's or Flight Schools or should I just ditch it and look like a freak but a professional freak? :)

It depends; are you a guy or a girl???

FW- how'd your sistah do in the interview you were talking about a few weeks ago?

She did very well in her first interview (at her 2nd choice airline) and they want to keep her! She also interviews at her 1st choice next week and is hoping for an offer there, plus two more interviews by April 4th.

FYI: She is wearing pants (not the skirt) for the interviews, medium length hair down. :D Told her to kill 'em in sexy heels! LOL

Thanks for asking!

-FW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back