Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
I just got through interviewing for a job flying a Gulfstream 550 out of the Chicago area, I already got a call back and while not 100 percent certain, I am pretty sure I got the job.

Here is my question, I never asked about salary, and the gentleman interviewing me never told me anything about the salary. Here is the details on the job, I am hoping that you could give me some idea what type of money I can expect, I am currently in Dubai, making 12K a month, while I dont expect that much, I am hoping for something comparable.

About the G-V job

15 days on in a row, 15 hard days off in a row, the days I am on I may or may not be flying.

Full medical and dental, 0 out of pocket.

401K, company will match up to 7 percent

I do not have a type, but will be getting typed before ever flying for them.

Any ideas? Until they officially offer me the job I dont want to call back and ask about money, I feel stupid for not asking them about it when I interviewed there, but it is what it is.

Any ideas? Until they officially offer me the job I dont want to call back and ask about money, I feel stupid for not asking them about it when I interviewed there, but it is what it is.

Congrats! I've never felt comfortable asking about salary during an interview, whether it be an office job or aviation job. Most of the advice I've seen recommends against it FWIW. Sometimes the employer brought it up, sometimes I never knew until after the offer was extended. Most of the time it was the latter.

With those type of bennies I would expect the pay to be pretty good.

I am hoping so, I am sure that it will be a pay cut from what I was getting in the desert, and there are no taxes over there, but after all I have to live in the desert.

What you make now is about average for G-V's in the Northeast but while Chicago should be a little less, it should not be that much less since cost of living is pretty high there too, not to mention the schedule. Most importantly get everything in writing. I can't stress this enough. If they offer you a postion, ask for a formal offer letter spelling out pay, benefits, upgrades, and relocation. If they won't send you one it should be a red flag that they are either being deceptive or are not very organized.

I just got through interviewing for a job flying a Gulfstream 550 out of the Chicago area, I already got a call back and while not 100 percent certain, I am pretty sure I got the job.

Here is my question, I never asked about salary, and the gentleman interviewing me never told me anything about the salary. Here is the details on the job, I am hoping that you could give me some idea what type of money I can expect, I am currently in Dubai, making 12K a month, while I dont expect that much, I am hoping for something comparable.

About the G-V job

15 days on in a row, 15 hard days off in a row, the days I am on I may or may not be flying.

Full medical and dental, 0 out of pocket.

401K, company will match up to 7 percent

I do not have a type, but will be getting typed before ever flying for them.

Congrats man. If they're paying for your type, with those benefits and 2on2off schedule, I think $130,000 would be a fair salary to ask, for first year pay. I always use the surveys, I take the med and high pay and ask for the average of the two for first year pay. Never failed me yet and its always nice pay.

Did they ask for a training contract or promissory note for the cost of initial training? If not, nice!

Get back from school, then tell them you want it all in writing and a severance package.... lol

Hey, are you typed on the Legacy? My company is adding a Legacy and a GIV in February. I have some questions for a type-rated Legacy guy. PM me if you are. Thanks.

Fly91, I am not typed in the Legacy, that is why I am getting out now. They want to type me in Dec, and once they type me they want me to sign a 2 year contract with them, there is no way I am staying out there for another two years.

I would recommend asking your question at the "other" professional pilot website. The moderator flies a G550 in the Chicago area. If you need more information PM me.

85k-95k would be a more realistic salary for a non-type rated, entry level FO, with no prior Gulfstream time. Bonuses and other perks could bring your total compensation into the low six figures but asking for 130K right out of the box would be a pretty bold move. Just my opinion.

85k-95k would be a more realistic salary for a non-type rated, entry level FO, with no prior Gulfstream time. Bonuses and other perks could bring your total compensation into the low six figures but asking for 130K right out of the box would be a pretty bold move. Just my opinion.

concur...

Latest resources

Back