• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interviewed for a G-550 job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he's smart, he won't answer that or any other question about his employer on a public message board... ;) TC

P.S.--Congrats, SIU!

I was not expecting a Yes or No answer. Nor was I expecting a PM.

My point is that there are several FI members who are familiar with and have contacts at many of Chicago's flight departments. Given the large number of G550 operators in Chicago <insert sarcasm>, it would only take a handful of PM's to determine which Chicago based flight department recently hired a pilot.

I agree that it's foolish to post employer information on a public message board. I'll go a step further and say it is unwise to post a specific aircraft type and a specific city if one is looking to protect their own anonymity.

Last edited:
willNOT--Easy, dude! Just passing along the benefit of my experience to SIU.

Everything you say CAN and WILL be used against you by the backstabbers in some departments.

Hope you've never (and never will) experienced this. TC

willNOT--Easy, dude! Just passing along the benefit of my experience to SIU.

Everything you say CAN and WILL be used against you by the backstabbers in some departments.

Hope you've never (and never will) experienced this. TC

Exactly why I don't say anything on here, or in a PM to people I don't know personally.

"YOU" can probably find out who I work for though, well maybe just an idea anyway, since we have some mutual friends. But I doubt they would even say without asking me first and they really don't know who the "main boss/owner/company" is. They just know the basics, which is pretty cool. I'm actually not allowed to talk about who my boss is, company policy. The pilots don't even really know who you're going to be "truly" working for until after you're hired. Then you're completely filled in. My friend that was there for 8 years who got me in never told me exactly who the "main boss" was. It was a stunner when I found out.

Some companies need that, for good reason.

It can only hurt you buy openly saying who you work for on an internet forum. Can't do any good.

Last edited:
Its not hard to find out who ANYONE works for here...if you really want to. Its the internet, nothing is secure. Think your info is locked down here? fake name and junk email address?...LOL.....

Id also suspect so long as you are not a total troll loser that its not the end of the world!

And I agree, it's never in good taste to give your employers information/details out. Don't post anything you would not hang up in public - at work or otherwise.

The rumor information passed along here and at other pilot sites is often VERY unreliable. PM information works better. Many times PMs turn to phone calls, and I know thats where Im more likely to share detailed info.

Simple and valuable networking really.

Latest resources

Back