Interview with Gary Kelly, SWA CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AvroJockey,

Thanks for the kind words....good luck on the March DB. My sole reason for posting is to give the SWA hopefuls insights into the company which I think in the long run helps them understand the strengths of SWA & how they may fit into the life at SWA....knowing as much about the company before one interviews never hurts....this interview with the CEO is an example of that I think.

Someone once said it take very little to destroy something, much more to build something.There are some on here who make it their life's duty to rain on the parades of others....we've all experienced it. Those aren't folks you, I or many on here who come to the website wish to hang with....on forums you don't get to choose your friends but you can choose who you wish to respond to...thanks again for your interest in Southwest & I hope regardless of how it turns out you continue to have longterm success. Cheers,

Last edited:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pay will be what it will be at SWA, but you can bet if we take a cut, or are asked to be more productive, management will be doing the same. It is difficult sometimes to get all the workgroups here paddling in the same productive direction, but we all want to see our goose keep laying the eggs.

AvroJockey said:
Chase

Thanks for all the great info!

WN is truely a great company, and anyone that thinks Southwest will suffer the same fate as Legacy carriers is kidding themself. They have challenges, but the past 33 years proves that WN will always be the leader of this industry.

Hope to see on the line some day (waiting on the March DB).

Avro

It could also be said that by assuming Southwest will never suffer the same fate as the legacies and that the last 33 years proves they will always be the industry leader, one is fooling himself.

I'm not suggesting that SWA will not always be in a leading position, I'm just saying that assuming it is won't make it necassarily so.

talk is cheap... we will see.

Vetrider,

You are exactly right...nothing can be taken for granted in this business...as the old adage goes, those who refuse to study their history, are doomed to repeat it....fortunately the leadership of SWA is in good hands....that is worth a lot in these times....the current employee groups all appear to be in sync with the leadership in understanding what is needed to be profitable & successful...if that stops being the case, then yes Southwest will be in for a rocky ride. Cautious optimism is the way to look at SWA's future, anything else could be construed as "over-confidence" & set oneself up for a fall...better to undersell & over-deliver than to do the opposite....SWA's trademark I think. Thanks for the simple reminder...we all need to be reminded of that quite often IMHO.

Latest resources

Back