Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DogandPonyShow

Workin for the Man!!!
When reading a TAF. When there has been a TEMPO published for the time of arrival at your destination do you use the TEMPO for determing the need for an alternate OR do you use the "non-tempo" info??

Thanks

DogandPonyShow said:
When reading a TAF. When there has been a TEMPO published for the time of arrival at your destination do you use the TEMPO for determing the need for an alternate OR do you use the "non-tempo" info??

Thanks
Doesn't TEMPO imply the destination will have thus stated conditions during the period of time noted as TEMPO? If this is your ETA, give and take an hour, I believe alternate requirements have to be considered.

Sorry I'm on this board so much, hope it's not too annoying, I'm mending from 5 broken bones and have way too much time on my hands..

d91papa said:
Doesn't TEMPO imply the destination will have thus stated conditions during the period of time noted as TEMPO? If this is your ETA, give and take an hour, I believe alternate requirements have to be considered.

Sorry I'm on this board so much, hope it's not too annoying, I'm mending from 5 broken bones and have way too much time on my hands..

I agree but is it law?? I am unable to locate specifics about it anywhere within the regs.

Yes, you must use the worst wx published, even if it's only TEMP or a chance of, etc.

Have you ever flown 121, or used exemption 3585? If you have, I believe that if I remember correctly that exemption actually tells you that you must use the TEMPO wx when determining alternate requirements. I know that it is a little off topic, but I know that is one place where it explicitly tells you that you must use the TEMPO. For an alternate I agree with guido, must use the worst forecast wx during your eta.

If the tempo shows the wx improving, you must use the ending time. If the wx is supposed to get worse, you use the beginning of the time. ex.. tempo 1315.. If wx is getting better, you use 1500, if wx is getting worse, you use 1300.. hope that helps..

Point Blank. Use it. If its there you have to because those conditions are likely to exist between those times. Its in ops specs and regs.

Captian Jack said:
Point Blank. Use it. If its there you have to because those conditions are likely to exist between those times. Its in ops specs and regs.

I completely understand why we should use it. Would you happen to know where to find it in the REGS?? I have researched this up and down and cannot find it ;-((((

Hap

DogandPonyShow said:
I completely understand why we should use it. Would you happen to know where to find it in the REGS?? I have researched this up and down and cannot find it ;-((((

Hap
Try reading FAR 135.223 (b)

Latest resources

Back