Interview Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Problow

Been away from the sport for a while as a full time pilot. Got a lucky break in the near future and just trying to get things in line. Got a new medical, that price jumped just in a few short years. Polished the resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation and so forth. Next is the logbook. I haven't flown much at all and not enough to stay current in the last 2 years as far as jets are concerned. They obviously want to see my log book. This company is pretty formal in their interview process. More than my old jobs where a buddy called me and offered me the job because we knew each other. So when reviewing my logbook what are they looking at and is there anything you recommend to make things look better. Will they want to see actual flight logs or dispatch releases? I have always been Part 91 and we didn't do either in my last flying jobs other than record hobbs time so I don't have any flight logs. When they contact my previous employers will they be asking for flight logs, training records, or anything you can recommend. Thanks for helping me get familiar again.

Just to add, got interrupted near end. My last company I worked for was for 3 years about 3 years ago and most of my jet time is during that job but they aren't around anymore. Since they are gone so are all flight records.

Last edited:
So, you have no way of knowing what and where you flew?

Unless you are working for a 121 carrier, I believe the FAA REQUIRES you to keep a logbook.

You could be screwed unless you can come up with a way to "reconstruct" what's missing.

TC

The FAA requires you keep a logbook?.....:eek:

Either way....for an interview you can re-construct your logbook as best as possible.

Sorry, wasn't clear. I have logbooks from all of my flying. I just didn't know if they would want flight logs to match to logbook. Logbooks are all good. My mistake for not being more specific.

Sorry, wasn't clear. I have logbooks from all of my flying. I just didn't know if they would want flight logs to match to logbook. Logbooks are all good. My mistake for not being more specific.

No, they likely wont....and I couldn't imagine anyone asking for copies company flight logs.

In fact, ours have passenger names on them and thats pretty much confidential.

You sound prepared -- good luck!

So, you have no way of knowing what and where you flew?

Unless you are working for a 121 carrier, I believe the FAA REQUIRES you to keep a logbook.

TC

You are getting old!:laugh: The only time required to be logged is time required for certification as far as I can remember.

X

Latest resources

Back