Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Drifter

Coming to a town near you
What internet service do you guys use for the road? Whats the best deal? Net Zero? AOL? MSN?

I have DSL through my local phone company at home, and with this service I get an 800 number for unlimited dial-up access while I'm on the road.

Prior to this however, I used AT&T Worldnet. The service was very reliable with plenty of local access numbers nationwide. Stay as far away as possible from AOL!!

I use CompuServe which i am very happy with. I almost always take my laptop with me on trips and have never had a problem finding a local number for internet access. Very pleased with compuserve.

flyhi

I have a cable modem at home. I told AOL to take a leap got sick of their crap service, getting thrown off line for no reason, and the unbelievable slow speed in which things happen.
I will probably get ATT for on the road

I've had earthlink for an ISP for four and a half years. We just got DSL service last year, and with that we get 20 hours of dial up access a month. So... I can surf the net on three home computers at DSL speed (with my wireless network I can lay out in the back yard and surf at DSL speeds on my laptops) and access the net on the road (including San Juan - which has an earthlink access number) up to 20 hours a month. Unlike most of the other cable and DSL services, I download Gigs of live music a month, and never suffer from a loss of bandwidth (speeds average 800KBS).

I have experienced exactly TWO system failures in four years. Both for less than an hour. The 24 hour tech support has never kept me on hold for more than fifteen minutes, with most wait times less than a minute. I can call the tech support number and get an automated response for any local access number that I need - from my cell phone.

Look earthlink up on their web site - earthlink.net - and find out about all their spam filters and pop up blockers as well as their normal features.

The best free service that I've been able to find is www. access4free.com You get 10 hours free per month with no banner ads or busy signals. After that it's $1 per hour for a maximum of $10 per month of unlimited use.

Another vote for earthlink. Best dial up service available, no question about it.

Plus, now they have a deal where you get your first 6 months for half price ($11/month)

Latest resources

Back