• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Internet service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AOL has my vote hands down. . . Very good tech support as well as easy access to AOL Canada when up north. I enjoy all the features and really have no complaints or problems that I have ever had with their service.

3 5 0

I hate to say this but AOL has been the best. I hate AOL but no matter where i go there is always a local number. Flying corp. shiznit we stay in some really nice places. Most of which of highspeed data ports so i use the hotels broadband but if im in podunk kansas, AOL is my best bet

I use AT&T Worldnet, they've been really good to me. 150 hours / month for $14.95 (they may have raised it to $16.95, but I think I am grandfathered for now). It's cheaper than AOL and earthlink, and I never use 150 hours.

I think flightinfo.com was toying with the idea of offering nationwide dial in service, I wonder if that's going to happen.

earthlink was the best i've used (of earthlink, prodigy, aol, msn) for dialup. I recently went to a cable modem at home and switched to AT&T to take advantage of TV/internet discount. I know that dialup is available on the road, but I don't take the 21st century idiot box flying too much anymore, so I can't vouch for that service. So far, I'm happy with the AT&T service, but I still wish I could have stuck with earthlink. What can I say, I'm cheap.

Most of which of highspeed data ports so i use the hotels broadband but if im in podunk kansas, AOL is my best bet

hate to bust your bubble but AOL only has access numnbers for topeka, Wichia, Kansas City, and Salina. No hays, garden, dodge, liberal, etc. I dont see a podunk listed either.

AOL, compuserve, and walmart connect are the same program and same company.

click HERE to see what happnes to your computer when you install AOL. You can never uninstall it without it corrupting your OS which requires a full reformat of your hard driven to reinstall windoze. Happened to me 3X b4 I wisened up! Have fun re-downloading those 1000 songs from KaZaA!!!

I have Earthlink DSL at home and also get 20 hours per month of free dial-up while on the road... If I go over the $20 it is $1 per hour for each hour over.

I love the DSL, my speeds on that are 1300 kbps download and 325 kbps upload...

Been with them over 3 years...

Check out http://www.bigzoo.com

I use them for cheap long distance and they always advertise this dirt cheap Internet service. If the Internet service is as good as their long distance has been, it'll be great. They appear to have a lot of local access numbers (but probably not as much as AOL).

I think their plans are cheap because they only offer 150hrs/month instead of Unlimited. 5hrs/day isn't that bad unless you've got some sort of addiction :)

Another for Earthlink.

I have Sprint DSL at home, which uses Earthlink as the ISP. Same 20 hrs of dialup access per month that everyone else mentioned, but I've never been charged for going over. Considering that it's a "free" service, as it's included in a service I was going to buy anyway, it can't be beat. Never had any service issues either. Excellent network availability and local access numbers are everywhere I've ever laid over.

I mentioned my DSL in an earlier thread, but not by name, so I thought I'd give them a plug. It's with SBC, and unlike some of the others, the dial up service which comes with it is via an 800 number and is unlimited.

In the year that I've been with them, I've had no service interruptions and excellent response to any questions.

You cannot go wrong with any of the better services mentioned on this thread...ATT, Earthlink, etc....but again, run as fast as you can from AOL. As others have said, it's like a disease on your computer.

Latest resources

Back