International Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

Anyone had any experience commuting internationally? Like Europe to US for work, or maybe Hawaii to the States? Just curious how that went. I've heard of some long commutes. Worth it?

FC,

Are there any pilots at XJT commuting to and from Europe? that's a long commute..

I've heard of one I believe.

Well, there are several pilots working for China Airlines and Cathay Pacific living in Europe, US and Australie..(commuting to and from HK)

Also I know of a Dutch guy working in China (captain EVA 747) who commutes from Amsterdam..

A bud of mine commutes from ORD to HNL for wasinc.com (??) JAL Express. ~2weeks on ~2weeks off. He likes it, only commutes 2x a month. On his down time in HNL he goes surfing and sailing....his wife can't stand it though... GLuck

I used to commute from LAX to HNL.

Easy, yes.

Worth it, no.

We have a 1 dude who commutes from NRT to DTW. He fairly senior though.

A few do HNL-MSP, most though have given up and moved closer to the base.

1 Captain is doing AMS to DTW, have not run into him lately though.

I am planning to do a commute.... living in the US and flying out of Europe.

It will be tough, but only have to fly up and back two times a month. Would be nicer if the wife would consider moving to a better port though...... we'll see how it goes

I thought my commute from Hawaii to the mainland was long (and worth it), but I met a fellow on a flight one day who commutes from Australia to Puerto Rico. Hard to beat that one.

Carribean Sun pilot? I think I used to work with him. He was doing Australia to Chicago for a while, if it's the same guy.

I was talking to a F/A who is doing CDG-EWR. Made me wonder if that might be doable for a couple years...

Latest resources

Back