• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, you want AWAC to hire you with 10,000 hours, so they can spend 35+ thousand to train and hire you so that you are out the door the minute the big boys are hiring again. I don't know what AWAC wants in terms of mins, but my guess is they are looking for around 2000 hours with only regional time, and no PIC time, because as with everything else they do, they will be looking at ROI in the people they hire.

They are probably holding out for all the Mesa furloughs. Pilots with experience but don't have a major to go back to. We didn't like furloughed pilots at Continental Express, that's what it was called back then, either since we knew the guy would be gone as soon as recall, and that was when pilots were in charge of hiring. But being furloughed from UAL, AA, or US, I would think that any company would get many years out of those pilots.

you never know why any company(airline or other) rejects you. Go and live in the real world, and apply for business type jobs. See how many f#$@ offs you receive. The bottom line is, pilots are a dime a dozen rite now. Who knows what AWAC, or any company is looking for. They have all the power. If they don't want people with tons of experience, then they don't have to take them. If they want "kids" with no experience, that will work for peanuts, then thats what they will hire. If you want to work in aviation, dont feel as if you are anything special because of your resume. Dont get your feelings hurt. Anyway, with that amount of time, do you really want to work at a regional. You could make the same cash doing anything e.g.fry cook at dennys, bar tender, etc, and at least you would be home every night.

You have no damn right even applying.

Not true. He probably at least has a college degree. I know plenty of pilots at regionals that have no college degree, and got their start at 19-21 yrs old outta high school, with just a couple hundred hours of flight time.

Some Gulfstreamers started at 19, upgraded at Pinnacle at 23, and were at Airtran/SWA/Delta in their mid-20s.

Not true. He probably at least has a college degree. I know plenty of pilots at regionals that have no college degree, and got their start at 19-21 yrs old outta high school, with just a couple hundred hours of flight time.

Some Gulfstreamers started at 19, upgraded at Pinnacle at 23, and were at Airtran/SWA/Delta in their mid-20s.

2 year necro-post... Not tge worst I've seen, but this thread died long ago. :rolleyes:

Oops, honestly, I didn't even realize. I clicked on a guy's name to find more posts, and then found this thread. I didn't even see the date. Looking back, the guy I looked at doesn't post much, and this thread had one of his posts here.

Sorry!

Latest resources

Back