• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then why is the app window open and accepting for Jan. 2010 interviews? Anyway wouldn't go there, just applied to keep getting unemployment checks. Its more than the first year pay!!!!

Well if you worked there you should be happy to know they're not hiring considering they have people on furlough!!!

Well, pal, I do work there. We just recalled 8, which leaves 14 still on furlough. Several of these have to accept the next round of recalls or they are SOL. This application window is most likely in preparation for the regs changes coming down from Washington next year.

Is it possible that nothing will come of it? Sure, since nothing is etched in stone in this god-forsaken industry. But the fact remains that we have been operating understaffed for going on 2 years (or more, depending on who you ask), and with the changes in flight and duty times coming from the feds, AWAC is simply getting ready for the inevitable.

To you guys who are getting the 'No Thanks' letters, I wish I new what to tell you. The logic (or lack of it) concerning hiring over the last 4-5 years here is inexplicable. You'd think they'd want the experience, but it seems our HR dept. is stuck in 2004, and will only consider those with ATP or ATP mins, at best. Keep trying, maybe pestering them might be the best solution. It can't hurt at this point.

And CX, since we all know YOU don't work here, maybe you should stop speculating on something you obviously know nothing about.

Tool.

Peace.

Rekks

Unfortunatly thats not how it is I'm 22 and got the rejection letter granted I only have a few hundred hours, but still God only knows who they're looking for.

I know the job market is dry but look into the guard units they have some hiring to do still. If you are interested look at wantscheck.com or baseops.com. It will be a good shoe in for a young guy if you want to earn money and possibly bypass the regional world.

What happened with the marine CROPS??? Did they not accept you because you couldn't spell last year?

I've got a case of Sam Adams that says your grandmother thinks you are a do uchebag too.

Latest resources

Back