• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting take on Song

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate to say it but the kind of banter being tossed about by the "General" reminds me of some United pups railing on Southwest guys for not coming over to a "real airline" and flying some "real equipment" in the late 90's. Dont get me wrong I like Delta and and at one time really wanted to work there but I think there is a fine line that must be walked and I see that line being crossed here with the attacks on JetBlue.

120% Torque said:
I hate to say it but the kind of banter being tossed about by the "General" reminds me of some United pups railing on Southwest guys for not coming over to a "real airline" and flying some "real equipment" in the late 90's. Dont get me wrong I like Delta and and at one time really wanted to work there but I think there is a fine line that must be walked and I see that line being crossed here with the attacks on JetBlue.

I don't see how defending your airlines products is "crossing the line". I think we have a little bit of bright news amidst an enormous ammount of bad, and I don't see how being positive about our new product is "crossing the line".

And further more, give us a break on the..."why don't you fly for a real airline" BS. I find it hard to believe any pilot would take this silly approach. If you like where you are, you don't have to justify it too anyone.

I think your objection may be a short comming to your own personal failures.

With this I say good bye for now,

The RANGERS are playing the Blues.

Go RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say STL by a goal, heheh. Here are some Jan stats for JB.

Traffic increased 93.2% on a capacity increase of 80.4% from Jan 2002.

Jan 2003 Load factor 82.2%

Completion factor 99.9%

Ontime 80.4%

For first time in three year history, internet sales exceeded 70% with sales online at 71% for January...

Maybe the "general" can remember his history the last time an "operation" out of the south came up north to try to flex some muscle. Good 'ol General Lee got his A$$ whupped as the northern "operation" tore right thru, you guessed it, ATLANTA.

General Lee,

I really can't think of anything creative to say.

I guess a cup of starbucks would be good. I wish the Delta guys I meet/see on the road were as entertaining as you.

Good luck with your new song.

It will be interesting to see what happens?

BLUE BAYOU said:
I'd say STL by a goal, heheh. Here are some Jan stats for JB.

Traffic increased 93.2% on a capacity increase of 80.4% from Jan 2002.

Jan 2003 Load factor 82.2%

Completion factor 99.9%

Ontime 80.4%

For first time in three year history, internet sales exceeded 70% with sales online at 71% for January...

Rangers tied. I hate that. Maybe they should take a pay cut to get better;)

120%Torque,

I wasn't trying to cross the line or whatever, I was tooting our own horn. Everyone likes to get on the bandwagon and bash Delta when the majors are taking a beating. All I am saying is that Delta is not doing as bad as AA or UAL, and that we seem to have a plan, unlike the others. We have the resources and we have a target in our sights---Jetblue. Now, will we win right away? I don't know, but we are going to go after them. I like Jetblue pilots and have nothing personal against them, but I want to defend my airline and think we have a good chance to do well. After 9-11 we had to shut down half of Delta Express, why was that? The reason is that we furloughed the bottom 400 guys immediately---and most of those guys were FO's at Express. Our loads at Express have always been full--but the airplane was not the right plane for the routes. Now we will have 757's with more seats, the same gas burn as the 737-200, and hopefully new attitudes with the new flight attendants etc. We are really going for something new--and something that will not hurt mainline loads out of ATL and CVG. I believe in Delta and the idea of Song, and I think it will do well.

SWA/FO,

You sound like a good guy too. I would be happy to buy you any Tall or Grande coffee at Starbucks, but I can't say I can afford a Venti for both you and your Capt at this time. It will be interesting to watch Song grow--and I hope it does well. I also think I will look "sexy" in a lime green 757. (joke!!!) (Maybe??)

And yes, The Original General Lee did go down in the South--in Atlanta too. But, we all know that the real General Lee (the car in the Dukes of Hazard) was never caught and was always the fastest thing around and admired by all in Hazard County. That Daisy Duke sure is "Perty!" Nice shorts.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :D :cool:

General Lee, what do you think about Delta's industry leading institution of charging extra for bags weighing over 50 pounds is supposed to do? It seems that the industry allowance has been 70 pounds per bag for the longest time. Is this another poor decision by management on customer service? The cash-strapped airlines conducted a similar stunt with extra fees before and failed-- I can't see this as a positive thing for your customers... It'll probably slow the 90 second check-in time as the cash register gets rung for the extra bucks... and finally, what if I had an oversized guitar case on Song I wanted to check, how much are they going to charge for that???

Latest resources

Back