Interesting scope article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's in it for us?
What is in it for you? NOTHING! The flying should be with the mainline company! The regional lives off the backs of the mainline carrier. They do no marketing, and don't take on nearly the cost their mainline counterpart takes on to operate as a airline. If the aircraft regardless of size makes since for a certain market, then mainline purchase it and then operate it at a cost that will allow it to be profitable. NO MORE OUTSOURCING OF JOBS!

outsourcing... mainline... blah, blah

I have said it many times before... choose to call me a lifer.. call me whatever you want, but i have and will continue to advocate what is in MY best interest, just as i expect any mainline guy to do the same. yes, I realize my job exists at the discretion of Delta/NWA management and I am ok with that. If mainline/ delta management get together and decide they are closing ASA, then so be it, ill take that chance and deal with the consequences of that decision. As I have pointed out before if you were a stud navy F4 guy from vietnam you went to TWA, Pan AM and Eastern... all gone. Its all a crap shoot. Its funny, the same people that advocate all RJ's at mainline to the detriment of my paycheck get all upset when I advocate 100 seat planes at my airline. Hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of us here that are not deterred by your silly arguments and adolescent name calling and will fight with everything we have to NOT permit a flow through and to improve our quality of life, just as you fight to improve yours

good day

Last edited:
Tell that to the guys you fly besides that have made said regional their destination in this career.

At some point its not worth changing airlines. That being said, all the old guys are deaf anyway (intercom? HA I dont need no stinkin intercom! What? Huh?) so they wouldnt hear me.

I have said it many times before... choose to call me a lifer.. call me whatever you want, but i have and will continue to advocate what is in MY best interest, just as i expect any mainline guy to do the same. yes, I realize my job exists at the discretion of Delta/NWA management and I am ok with that. If mainline/ delta management get together and decide they are closing ASA, then so be it, ill take that chance and deal with the consequences of that decision. As I have pointed out before if you were a stud navy F4 guy from vietnam you went to TWA, Pan AM and Eastern... all gone. Its all a crap shoot. Its funny, the same people that advocate all RJ's at mainline to the detriment of my paycheck get all upset when I advocate 100 seat planes at my airline. Hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of us here that are not deterred by your silly arguments and adolescent name calling and will fight with everything we have to NOT permit a flow through and to improve our quality of life, just as you fight to improve yours

good day

I won't go there with what that sounds like....

Good luck in your future endeavors. Maybe the pendulum is finally swinging in the right direction.

if you are saying it sounds like someone who takes responsibilty for themselves, accepts the consequences of his decisions both good and bad and doesnt expect any help from anyone, then yes, I agree with you

In my 8 years at ASA i have meet some really great people, but it never ceases to amaze me the lengths at which some pilots both regional and major, whine and moan and b!tch about the most innocuous of things. They constantly point fingers and blame everyone else for any and every little thing that they perceive as wrong in their lives....especially some that peruse this board.

say it three times with me..

I am not a victim... I am not a victim... I am not a victim...

ok... back to work now..

Last edited:
My career is just fine....
Then why did you and your girlfriends try and sue to take someone elses?
Hope you didn't spend all that money!:laugh:

how about yours?
My worst day at a legacy is better than your best.

Carry on with your ----->:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Last edited:
You will have a hard time convincing the captains I fly with to get rid of the jets. Esspecially since the guys are making close to 100K flying or 75K sitting reserve. Thier lives are pretty good. Ultimately it comes down to one question, Am I happy? If that guy is number 1 in base flying the line he/she wants, why leave for a significant pay cut, 18yr :maybe: upgrade at a legacy. They will say no thanks and I don't blame them.

good day
When you are furloughed and then you watch your company turn around and give that flying to a regional for the sake of lower pay, then you would understand! The DC-9/737-200/Fokker100 basically sat the same capacity as the CRJ900 and EMB-190. Management came in and furloughed pilots flying the DC-9/737-200/Fokker100 and outsourced that flying to a lower bidder. The regionals are flying the same routes at someone elses expense. So yes I have a beef because someone who had to provide for his family lost his job because someone like you was willing to accept lower compesation to do what he did. It would be one thing if this was growth and expansion to a degree, which is still unacceptable, but this was replacement flying. So give it a rest, you took another mans job that was flying those size aircraft on those routes. What goes around comes around eventually! NO MORE OUTSOURCING OF FLYING JOBS!

Latest resources

Back