Interesting possible concept for new frax service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surveypilot said:
Headquartered in Delray Beach, Florida (South Florida), we enjoy a relaxed lifestyle with flexible hours and outstanding benefits that include:

[size=+0]
Competitive salaries[/size]
[size=+0]
Of course they are still at least a year away from being operational, and I am sure that you will not see actual salary numbers anytime soon.
[/size]

I agree and I wonder what "competitive salaries" means. There isn't a sky taxi industry yet, so one couldn't claim that DayJet is paying competitive salaries in the sky taxi segment. Maybe they are thinking they'll pay competitive relative to the fractionals or perhaps the regionals?

It will be interesting to see what they offer PIC's and SIC's and also what requirements they have for flight experience/times. I don't think they'll be able to say "Eclipse time preferred" for a while.

Deja vu

atpcliff said:
Hi!

Dayjet's plan is to have a very complex software program that will match individuals up and plan an aircraft schedule to efficiently carry individuals where and when they want to go by combining trips.

Interesting...Will it worK?

Cliff
HKS

This sounds strangely familiar to FLOPs Sodomizer.. er, I mean Optimizer
program.

Now, just so I won't be accused of hijacking the thread...
This program (FLOPs version) had serious flaws and issues. The main
problem was it took the human physiology factor out of the equation.
Computers (and computer programs) crunch numbers very well but
fail to notice the impact on the aircrews. 4-5 days of straight minimum
rest and 14+ hour days DOES have a physiological impact (i.e you're
just plain pooped!). The computer will never recognize these factors unless
some miracle in programming occurs.

Taking the thread back to the original question... good luck and I hope it
works.

Last edited:
SkyTaxi tried this idea on a regional basis with 8 or 9 Cessna Chancellors in the PNW, and failed miserably. Scheduling is very difficult. There's an amazing amount of empty flying: No matter how hard you wish for it, and no matter how hard your Bosnian programmers program, there are NEVER gonna' be pax magically waiting at the destination airport of your last leg, so you'll have to fly empty for a hundred miles to the next pick-up point. A third of the flights will be empty. Also, the departure 'window' will never quite be big enough. If you've got a guy wanting to leave Memphis for Atlanta at noon, and you're using a guaranteed 3-hour window, the only other guy wanting to leave Memphis for Atlanta this week will want to leave at 3:30. Guaranteed.
So figger out what the actual cost per hour is on the microjets including 2 crew, maintenance, and a 30% fudge-factor for empty legs, and your trip from Memphis to Atlanta is gonna' start gettin' mighty expensive.
Look at the speed/fuel-flow numbers on the little jets, too. If you're flying short legs, especially in busy airspace, your block speeds are going way down and your fuel flows are going way up, just like any other jet.
I've said it before, I'll say it again:
Neat little airplanes. Faulty business plan.

Last edited:
Maybe Im a moron and don't remember reading it, but did they definitely say it would be a 2 pilot airplane. I thought the stuff I read only mentioned single pilot stuff.

Latest resources

Back