• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting encounter with a TSA agent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next time this happens just punch him in the face real hard and run away.

pgcfii2002 said:
Next time this happens just punch him in the face real hard and run away.
Excellent advice. I laughed, because that's the same advice I'd give, although I wouldn't do it. I like the idea of making them wait at the bottom of the stairs for a half-an-hour. Good work, gents.

Shy

had some tsa chick, dressed in a nice pant suit, come on board our crj 200 in PIT saying she needed to check if we had a reinforced cockpit door. flight was going to DCA. we said ok its right there. she said "where?" so we closed the door on her and she said "oh, thanks" something about a quota she had although she felt pretty stupid when she was leaving. mind you this was last feb.

TSA has the right to walk around the ramp watching doors and piggyback's They can't open an aircraft and board. If the aircraft is left unattened and the door is open they may enter the aircraft and leave a calling card. In about two weeks your company will get a fine notice. They may ask you to board but you can refuse it untill you authorize there ID. Your ID is as fake in there eye's as there's is to you. You think Al Quada couldn't duplicate. Do not let them on board till you call your Company OPS or Airport security.

Speedtape said:
Unfortunately, we are not always kept in the loop. TSA has a broad range of authority and can do many things that are not in our manuals. One can appreciate that mission if the reasonableness rule and the need is justifiable. If there is no reasonable cause to exercise some of those broad authorities, then the authority can be easily abused. You have only seen the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully, over time, their authority will become less broad. Report it to your company in writing so there is a paper trail and request the reason this TSA agent was exercising this authority. There should be an answer if his actions were legitimate and within the boundaries of his authority.

If its not in my manual then I want no part of it. I dont care what anyone says on the phone. Word of mouth isnt going to protect my ass when something comes down from someone who wasnt authorized to be on that airplane.

was it in CVG on the us airways side?? Some TSA putz a few years ago was walking onto the airplanes and making the FA's inspect under every seat. i think he was just getting his jollies off watching them bend over...

while i was post flighting the ERJ in MGM I had a TSA guy come out and ask if I ever inspected the battery compartment in the nose of the airplane and if there was a way to seal it closed due to someone being able to put a gun inside it (almost felt like saying isn't it YOUR job to stop that from happening) I said no and HE said he needed to call someone right away to get that taken care of immediately. he acted like he just saved the world and walked back inside the terminal.

There are some TSA officer who are authorized Aviation Security Inspectors...these are plainclothes who have a duty to be on and about the ramp to look for security compliance and violations. They function in a manner similar to an FAA inspector.

There are also TSA supervisors who are NOT ASI's who apparently sometimes try to do the ASI's job without authorization...get their name & badge number, if they get real nervous it's a because they are a mere screener who is playing "Federal Agent" in a place where he does not belong...

I am just waiting for a pilot to call the police and report that he smelled alcohol on a TSA screeners breath. Now that would be funny, I don't care who you are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back