• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting encounter with a TSA agent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently did roll through security with an expendable bottle of shampoo. They didnt catch it much as I wouldnt have thought that they would.

I know someone who accidently had two pocket knives in a purse and went thru 3 different TSA checkpoints. They did not realize they had the knives until MEXICAN airport security in CUN "caught" them.

Ooooh...there's that warm fuzzy feeling again.

Don't blame the TSA if you've never heard of them. Blame your airlines' security coordinator. They've been around since 2003. Before that they were FAA Special Agents (merged into TSA in 2003 except the hazmat inspectors which remained with the FAA). TSA has two divisions; screening (45-50k persons) and regulatory (maybe 1500 people). The regulatory division employs the ASI's (Aviation Security Inspectors), they are charged with ensuring that airports and air carriers comply with the regulations found in 49 CFR 1542, 1544, 1546, and 1548. They can fine you and your air carrier. If you fail to prevent access through a door they can fine you (usually you will get a warning notice). The airport cops are aware of them because they can fine the airport too. You heard about the parking restrictions near the airports after 9/11? Who verifys compliance with these rules? The TSA inspectors. The airport must have a security plan in place. Who verifys compliance? The TSA inspectors. The airport must provide this security for you so you are safe. The TSA is there to make sure it is done. So you are safe.
If you leave your door open and your aircraft unattended the TSA inspectors may find it and give your carrier a fine. This is to keep you safe and ensure the aircraft are secured when on the ramp or attended while exposed. There are several security directives (SD's ) out post 9/11, including first flight of the day searches and return from mx searches and certain things that must be done to accessible panels on your aircraft (I won't spell them out on this board but you should be aware of these).
The TSA on occasion will inspect your aircraft to make sure this is being done. Is this a problem for you? Why? Why is this inspector suddenly a TSA puke? You should sign a form for these checks before every flight. This is to ensure your safety and to try and prevent things from damaging your aircraft. Wake up and quit having a fit about it.
Do you cry when the FAA wants to verify you are a pilot or do a line check? Sure it sucks but is it really that big of a deal? The TSA Inspector is just doing his job, a large part of which is ensure that there is another level of protection for you.
Sure the TSA has problems and it sucks to go through screening. Take your metal off, suck it up, and go through. If you don't ring you're free to go. Big deal.
Educate yourselves before bitching about something, if you haven't heard about TSA security procedures you need to address this with your carriers security coordinator, not on a webboard.

Last edited:
Don't blame the TSA if you've never heard of them. Blame your airlines' security coordinator. They've been around since 2003. Before that they were FAA Special Agents (merged into TSA in 2003 except the hazmat inspectors which remained with the FAA). TSA has two divisions; screening (45-50k persons) and regulatory (maybe 1500 people). The regulatory division employs the ASI's (Aviation Security Inspectors), they are charged with ensuring that airports and air carriers comply with the regulations found in 49 CFR 1542, 1544, 1546, and 1548. They can fine you and your air carrier. If you fail to prevent access through a door they can fine you (usually you will get a warning notice). The airport cops are aware of them because they can fine the airport too. You heard about the parking restrictions near the airports after 9/11? Who verifys compliance with these rules? The TSA inspectors. The airport must have a security plan in place. Who verifys compliance? The TSA inspectors. The airport must provide this security for you so you are safe. The TSA is there to make sure it is done. So you are safe.
If you leave your door open and your aircraft unattended the TSA inspectors may find it and give your carrier a fine. This is to keep you safe and ensure the aircraft are secured when on the ramp or attended while exposed. There are several security directives (SD's ) out post 9/11, including first flight of the day searches and return from mx searches and certain things that must be done to accessible panels on your aircraft (I won't spell them out on this board but you should be aware of these).
The TSA on occasion will inspect your aircraft to make sure this is being done. Is this a problem for you? Why? Why is this inspector suddenly a TSA puke? You should sign a form for these checks before every flight. This is to ensure your safety and to try and prevent things from damaging your aircraft. Wake up and quit having a fit about it.
Do you cry when the FAA wants to verify you are a pilot or do a line check? Sure it sucks but is it really that big of a deal? The TSA Inspector is just doing his job, a large part of which is ensure that there is another level of protection for you.
Sure the TSA has problems and it sucks to go through screening. Take your metal off, suck it up, and go through. If you don't ring you're free to go. Big deal.
Educate yourselves before bitching about something, if you haven't heard about TSA security procedures you need to address this with your carriers security coordinator, not on a webboard.

But really, do you think taking tweezers, cuticle cutters, shampoo and sun tan lotion is really going to make us all that much safer? Isnt the TSA just over reacting here a bit? Or additional screening for young kids or the elderly is just over kill......

I understand your point when it comes to physically leaving your car infront of the terminal and going inside for some coffee......but, as for the other stuff, it's all a joke and ridiculous. For serious security screening, refer to the Tel Aviv airport. Those folks probably think that the TSA is the biggest joke running.

My biggest problem with the TSA is the fact that they get paid. Each dollar they receive brings the value of each dollar I earn down. This happens anytime we pay for things that are worthless.

-Blucher:mad:

Well it's pretty obvious who you work for or the job your'e going after since you can't cut it in the cockpit. TSA is simply a show, nothing more. I have to take off my shoes and get fingered, then I get in the cockpit with a large crash axe and a 12 gauge flare gun, not to mention I'm now the guidance system for what has been used as a missle. Yesterday I watched luggage screener read thru someones journal or diary for over 5 minutes and laughing and smiling as he does. Then the next bag he pilfers thru he lets his buddy in on some nice looking panties. All that has been accomplished by the TSA is over compensating a large group of people that are too stupid to work at Wendies and too lazy to be a greeter at WalMart.

Becuase when you think about it all they do is react to the latest situation, nothing is proactive, too stupid to think ahead. No liquids thru security, but you can buy them on the other side but you can't take it on the plane, give me a break. What's gonna happen when Al Quieda starts rolling up turd shaped plastique suppositories and drops that in the lav and saws the plane in half at FL410? I suppose the brilliant TSA will run out and spend billions on exam tables with stirrups so we can all have fun with the jelly finger!

Strict border control and profiling would be a step in the right direction but that is too un popular. When all the 9-11 hijacker/murderers were from the middle east and all middle aged muslim males, that's not profiling, it's a casual observation. I would support a nation wide walkout by Flight Crewmembers to bring some reality to the TSA.

All we have really with the TSA is a clown show, they couldn't find their ass with both hands and a compass.

Well it's pretty obvious who you work for or the job your'e going after since you can't cut it in the cockpit. TSA is simply a show, nothing more. I have to take off my shoes and get fingered, then I get in the cockpit with a large crash axe and a 12 gauge flare gun, not to mention I'm now the guidance system for what has been used as a missle. Yesterday I watched luggage screener read thru someones journal or diary for over 5 minutes and laughing and smiling as he does. Then the next bag he pilfers thru he lets his buddy in on some nice looking panties. All that has been accomplished by the TSA is over compensating a large group of people that are too stupid to work at Wendies and too lazy to be a greeter at WalMart.

Becuase when you think about it all they do is react to the latest situation, nothing is proactive, too stupid to think ahead. No liquids thru security, but you can buy them on the other side but you can't take it on the plane, give me a break. What's gonna happen when Al Quieda starts rolling up turd shaped plastique suppositories and drops that in the lav and saws the plane in half at FL410? I suppose the brilliant TSA will run out and spend billions on exam tables with stirrups so we can all have fun with the jelly finger!

Strict border control and profiling would be a step in the right direction but that is too un popular. When all the 9-11 hijacker/murderers were from the middle east and all middle aged muslim males, that's not profiling, it's a casual observation. I would support a nation wide walkout by Flight Crewmembers to bring some reality to the TSA.

All we have really with the TSA is a clown show, they couldn't find their ass with both hands and a compass.

CFIT:
In all seriousness, I know you and I have had our disagreements on lots of stuff, but I find your post to be DEAD ON! I agree with you 100%! The TSA is nothing more than a JOKE! Go overseas to see how security is done! Our country is always one step behind. If you want to see the way it should be done, go and fly out of Isreal!

Does anyone remember in class about the Captain being the "Ground Security Coordinator?" We all fell asleep during that hour, but I'd bet there's something in that subject that allows us to challenge them.

I don't know that TSA has the right to board the airplane. Somebody give me some law on that point. They probably have the right to inspect under certain circumstances, but there's nothing in my company's manual about it either.

Dead on.. Couldn't have said it better myself. Outstanding.

by the way.. have you ever seen a grown man naked joey?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back