• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting encounter with a TSA agent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is this new "trusted flyer" card they are working on for frequent flyers gonna be for pilots also? The daily screening "dog and pony show" for the pilots is a hassle we could all do without...are we gonna get a card too?

On a USAir flight from PHX-LAS, I saw a Dh'ing captain get "ramdomly" selected for search.
Our flight was later delayed due to a suspicious package a TSA agent watched a passenger board with. 10 minutes after the pax had been on board, the TSA agent called the crew to notify them of this. It was a pastic bag with a shot glass in it.

Gofish said:
So is this new "trusted flyer" card they are working on for frequent flyers gonna be for pilots also? The daily screening "dog and pony show" for the pilots is a hassle we could all do without...are we gonna get a card too?

The question is, Is your company going to fork over the bucks for the card?, or are you? The card is going to run a couple of hundred bucks, and will only be valid at selected airports.

ILM has one TSA inspector who's quite an ass. I've seen him every morning so far this month. He made our flight 30 minutes late because he had an issue with the security check, then realized he was talking about another flight and not ours.

I don't care what anyone says, the TSA are idiots and I'm sick of them. If we honestly think we are one shred safer than prior to 9/11 we are kidding ourselves. All we can hope is that the real authorities (FBI / CIA / Police) are doing their jobs. The TSA is just a dog and pony show and we need to figure out a way to keep them from running our lives.

h25b said:
I don't question their motives, I just question their methods. As should any clear thinking human being. If someone could clearly explain to me how patting down my infant son while at least 3 young, Middle Eastern men stroll through the lane next to us without even having to remove their shoes makes the flight safer then I'll be all ears.

And the single biggest complaint I had prior to 9/11 was the overall professionalism of security personel, not much has changed there either. Seems to be the same great minds at work, just some have moved up to supervisory positions 5 yrs. later...

So many of these TSA kids think that they are king $hit on tird island, thus the power trip. The TSA pulls over 3 year old children and 85 year old women in an effort to create a perception that they are taking security to heights which have never been reached. I think the pen marks we get before entering security from the Huntleigh chick or Indian dude in EWR are extremely important and so official looking.....but we all know it's worthless. Just like the TSA folks who sign their initials on your boarding pass as you go through security. Oh yes, part of that PROCESS which makes it all just so official looking.

It's so funny that we are being punished for the actions of a few people in the world. One idiot does the shoe thing, and the rest of the world has to take their shoes off. Same with shampoo and banana boat SPF 30. Why has the TSA decided that we must inconvenience all of us for their actions? When was the last time one of US decided to hijack an airplane? DB Cooper? The PSA flight as in 30 years ago? When was the last time a Middle Eastern kid either tried it or planned it? Historically speaking for the last many many years....and as early as several weeks ago....as far as we know.

It is funny to watch the screen readers as they squint their eyes, move their noses just so as your bag goes across their screen as they interpret whats in your bag. Wow, it all just looks so painful and I'm worn out after watching that entire process. I always enjoy how the TSA kids take out all my clothes (dirty underwear and socks) and pile them up on a table so everyone else can have a look see what yah got. And if that isnt enough, we are constantly reminded that the current threat level is code orange. It's so nice to be reminded of that all the time. And just when you think your getting on the plane, there are the friendly TSA folks to pull you over at the gate, again for yet one more check of all your goods which they have been through at least once before.

I always smell for alcohol on em. One of these days, some one of us will get even.

Last edited:
I've heard of a couple cases of our f/a's finding knives on board our a/c and TSA's response was "it's on the plane and therefor not our responsibility! So if one of these tools comes on my a/c I will call the police since this is not their responsibility or jurisdiction!

f/o(forever) said:
I've heard of a couple cases of our f/a's finding knives on board our a/c and TSA's response was "it's on the plane and therefor not our responsibility! So if one of these tools comes on my a/c I will call the police since this is not their responsibility or jurisdiction!

I recently did roll through security with an expendable bottle of shampoo. They didnt catch it much as I wouldnt have thought that they would.

Guitar rocker said:
I recently did roll through security with an expendable bottle of shampoo. They didnt catch it much as I wouldnt have thought that they would.

see.. it's people like you that are making us unsafe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back