Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting Article about SWA from Motley Fool....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've done them all...and to each their own.

I enjoy every city, no matter how distant or how close to home. Hell...I just spent 2 nights in Lincoln, Illinois..by personal choice, and enjoyed THAT.

I don't quantify or qualify destinations on this Planet by how "exotic" and "romantic" they might seem....I just ENJOY them for what they are.

Different.

As a matter of fact, I had two of my favorite layovers in Omaha...Once, ferrying a new aircraft from the Mooney factory in Texas, we layed over and I had one of the best steaks in my life.

Another time...I met a really cool Girl and we wound up doing shots and eating rose petals together ( I am not sure why. ) after Whitesnake checked into the same Hotel that evening. ( I had NO idea who they were, and I didn't care...But, "thanks" to whoever made up THAT one-hit-wonder band. (?) :) )

- Best pizza in a Hotel Bar? ..... EWR

- Insane nightlife?.... SJU

- Nicest folks I ever met?( took me on a free car tour of their town)..BWI

- Great beers? ... BRU

- Best architecture?...DBX

- Easiest/best laid-out airport in the World? ....MCI

- Cheap and abundant FUN?...HKG

- Buffalo Burgers?....DEN

- Hangin' on the beach w/scantily clad, drunk, new-hire F/A's...FLL

- BBQ? ....MCI / STL (Laclede's landing in STL folks...Many options.)

- Wings? ....BUF ( The Anchor Bar ORIGINALS. )

And on, and ON....

To denigrate any one layover city is ignorance of the facts of what they may have to offer, to place others above all else is self-serving and elitist.

Enjoy every moment you can, wherever you are, and savor the times and the people, and the things you get to experience.

Not many people have the luxury of experiencing all these people, places , and things as we do...

:)

Whine

P.S. - How about "The Willows" in PHL...Or, Fells Point in BWI...Or, ( come on G.L. ) "Spondivits" in ATL? THIS....is what I am Talkin' Bout. You don't need to go around the planet to find legendary fun...

Last edited:
To denigrate any one layover city is ignorance of the facts of what they may have to offer, to place others above all else is self-serving and elitist.

Whine

I'm glad you finally figured out the General's personality, in one simple line.

Excellent work!!!!

Ha!

Had that pegged the first time I signed on here many years ago...

Good Luck to him and the rest of us....We live in a different World than most, and there's no telling why any of us do what we do.

Gay Smiley - :)

May we ALL somehow be Blessed and find some form of Salvation from the Aviation Gods who put Us here.

Whine

....and then Jenny sellsout and gives up bigger planes to DCI, and thinks we're impressed by where she lays over. OMA a good one, enjoy the Old Town area a lot, and Corpus a great layover, especially the Exec Surf Club bar!

SWA need to start charging for bags. With the number of flights they have if they just chadrged $5.00 per bag that would generate 1.2 million in revenue per day. Multiply that by 365 and WOW. About $438 MILLION. That sure would add to profit. And that is just at $5.00 per bag.

I've done them all...and to each their own.

I enjoy every city, no matter how distant or how close to home. Hell...I just spent 2 nights in Lincoln, Illinois..by personal choice, and enjoyed THAT.

I don't quantify or qualify destinations on this Planet by how "exotic" and "romantic" they might seem....I just ENJOY them for what they are.

Different.

As a matter of fact, I had two of my favorite layovers in Omaha...Once, ferrying a new aircraft from the Mooney factory in Texas, we layed over and I had one of the best steaks in my life.

Another time...I met a really cool Girl and we wound up doing shots and eating rose petals together ( I am not sure why. ) after Whitesnake checked into the same Hotel that evening. ( I had NO idea who they were, and I didn't care...But, "thanks" to whoever made up THAT one-hit-wonder band. (?) :) )

- Best pizza in a Hotel Bar? ..... EWR

- Insane nightlife?.... SJU

- Nicest folks I ever met?( took me on a free car tour of their town)..BWI

- Great beers? ... BRU

- Best architecture?...DBX

- Easiest/best laid-out airport in the World? ....MCI

- Cheap and abundant FUN?...HKG

- Buffalo Burgers?....DEN

- Hangin' on the beach w/scantily clad, drunk, new-hire F/A's...FLL

- BBQ? ....MCI / STL (Laclede's landing in STL folks...Many options.)

- Wings? ....BUF ( The Anchor Bar ORIGINALS. )

And on, and ON....

Enjoy every moment you can, wherever you are, and savor the times and the people, and the things you get to experience.

Not many people have the luxury of experiencing all these people, places , and things as we do...

Whine

P.S. - How about "The Willows" in PHL...Or, Fells Point in BWI...Or, ( come on G.L. ) "Spondivits" in ATL? THIS....is what I am Talkin' Bout. You don't need to go around the planet to find legendary fun...

Thanks for your interesting commentary??? Anyway, Layovers are different at SWA because their business model is different. If we're talking layovers here, SWA and the legacies are polar opposites. LCCs lack variety. Your peace and love commentary is again interesting, but you can't make up for lack of variety in worldwide routes, and countries are just different. 5 legs a day to end up in Jackson can be done at either airline, but only one can do one leg to Munich or Rio. Good try whiny! It's called variety, you and Red can look it up.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
Old Town is awesome. Of course Jenny Leigh has no idea.

She's got sundaes over the Atlantic!

And you've got quesadillas at the MAF hotel bar. Good for you loser!

Bye Bye---General Lee

SWA need to start charging for bags. With the number of flights they have if they just chadrged $5.00 per bag that would generate 1.2 million in revenue per day. Multiply that by 365 and WOW. About $438 MILLION. That sure would add to profit. And that is just at $5.00 per bag.

Didn't you see their lame "People's Court" commercials? I recall the chubby Capt saying "oh, Southwest would NEVER do that....." (even though AT does). And they painted "free bags fly here" on some of their 737s.... Ha ha.

Bye Bye---General Lee

[QUOTE Your culture at SWA has been smashed by your merger, treating your fellow pilots like DIRT. That may never be repaired. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to posts on websites by anonymous children? The AT guys I have met flying the line or at the bar appear thrilled to be on the swa partition. Captains that have flown with ex-AT guys have all told me they are great guys, perform professionally, and are happy to be here. Please tell me you are not posting something as ridiculous as the above based on quotes from losers (on both sides) from FI.
When I fly through ATL, the AT pilots I meet in the terminal all smile and say hello. Not flipping me off telling me to go F myself.
I have personally never treated anyone like dirt, unless they had earned it.[/QUOTE]

It may be nice on the SWA side but let me tell you the AT side sucks.
We are going to be stuck with this crap for years, there will be resentment, there already is.

Latest resources

Back