• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interested in Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You hear that??? Stop flying on your days off! I want time and a half to come back!!!

I have to agree with Nosewheel - if you are flying more than 17 days a month, it's by your own choice. I've been here a year and only flown on days off by my choice (and that was only by a few hours).

Oh, and if you're showing up with a resume, dress nicely. You're still the one looking for a job - if you come in shorts and a T-shirt (although not this week because it's snowing!) you look like you think the job is a joke.

iaflyer

iaflyer said:
I have to agree with Nosewheel - if you are flying more than 17 days a month, it's by your own choice. I've been here a year and only flown on days off by my choice (and that was only by a few hours).

Oh, and if you're showing up with a resume, dress nicely. You're still the one looking for a job - if you come in shorts and a T-shirt (although not this week because it's snowing!) you look like you think the job is a joke.

iaflyer

Could someone please post a typical new hire schedule? How many hours of pay can you expect, if QOL is desired? How tough is it to commute and have a family life, as compared to a regional? Is there alot of attrition? To where? It looks like upgrades are quick, is it due to attrition or growth. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
nosewheel said:
If you guys are still on Probation I feel for you BUT...if your not on probation and are staying out on your days off BY CHOICE you are only hurting yourself and everyone else. As long as Connie gets away with this.. things will never change.
First of all I'm not an overtime ho! I don't fly on my days off. And if I here one more person say the probation word to me again!!!! I don't know what I will do!!!! Probation is not a tool for the company to use to abuse a new hire employee. It should never be used to force some into days off our do things that are in direct violation of the contract. And further more I proby should never have to worry about being fired without cause. Especially when he is paying dues and gets no representaion. What a farking joke this place is. I never heard of probation being more than six months either. But it goes to show if you beat a group of people down for long enough they will start to believe they deserve it. The teamsters are ripping us off. They are completly worthless!!!! The new contract will be a bad deal. But what does it matter if no one forces the company to follw it anyway?

Ok I fell better now!:)

Last edited:
OK leardriver...Now your talkin like a real Kalitta dude.;)

Hey guys,
If the new contract will stablish home base, why it 'll be a bad deal?
I am trying to get in there and I do follow contracts. But wann know what's going on there?

Hey guys,
If the new contract will stablish home base, why it 'll be a bad deal?
I am trying to get in there and I do follow contracts. But wann know what's going on there?

GOD bless you

I just read the TA off the teamster's site... Whats the overall vibe with the pilot group... do ya think it'll pass?

Niam.....Is that you?........How is that Armenian honey of yours?

Did you make it to Air Atlanta?.
i still have that pic of your honey in SFO
I guess real estste these days beats 3 weeks on the road with connie!!!

take care

iaflyer said:

iaflyer

Isn't it a joke?

Latest resources

Back