• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intelligent comments from Chautauqua CEO

Yudso said:
I don't see why all of the XJT guys are creaming their pants over this. If you disreguard anything happening at CHQ, xjt is still losing 69 planes' worth of flying. I have yet to read any press release announcing a definitive plan for these aircraft. If I were at xjt, I would be very concerned with the lack of information that xjt senior leadership is providing. Stop patting yourselves on the back and ask management the serious questions. You won't be so happy in a year when xjt is bankrupt, and management has asked the court to reject your current contract.

I wouldn't open my mouth without knowing the facts. Do you realize how much money XJT has in the bank? It's over a Billion (with a B) and they have paid all debt to CAL. How much debt does Shaniqua have?

Also how can XJT keeping it's 69 planes be bad for the industry when Shaniqua was the one who undercut the bid for the flying? I think they've done almost as much as Mesa to hurt the industry and speed the race to the bottom.

Captain Overs said:
I wouldn't open my mouth without knowing the facts. Do you realize how much money XJT has in the bank? It's over a Billion (with a B) and they have paid all debt to CAL. How much debt does Shaniqua have?

Also how can XJT keeping it's 69 planes be bad for the industry when Shaniqua was the one who undercut the bid for the flying? I think they've done almost as much as Mesa to hurt the industry and speed the race to the bottom.

I don't think it is quite a billion probably near 1/4 billion. And don't use that as a major factor in "airline economics" because after all Northwest had a butload of dollars in the bank after the buy back of CAL common stock and look at where they are now!!! XJT has been responsible with the bottom line and the Leases are a lot more favorable then most think. Some have even said it was kindda a parting gift from CAL.

I really believe CAL knew XJT would keep the airframes and used CHitwhatever to give them an reduction in 50 seater flying and break into the 70 and 90 seat market.

I know Neal is off the Regional playground and sitting at the adults table now but do you know if XJT could convert those 100 xr's options to 70 or 90 seat options?

paid4training said:
I don't think it is quite a billion probably near 1/4 billion. And don't use that as a major factor in "airline economics" because after all Northwest had a butload of dollars in the bank after the buy back of CAL common stock and look at where they are now!!! XJT has been responsible with the bottom line and the Leases are a lot more favorable then most think. Some have even said it was kindda a parting gift from CAL.

I really believe CAL knew XJT would keep the airframes and used CHitwhatever to give them an reduction in 50 seater flying and break into the 70 and 90 seat market.

I know Neal is off the Regional playground and sitting at the adults table now but do you know if XJT could convert those 100 xr's options to 70 or 90 seat options?

From what i have heard they can be converted and Embraer would love nothing more than to connvert them. Pretty much having these options gets us in line very quickly for the planes instead of waiting.

Superpilot92 said:
From what i have heard they can be converted and Embraer would love nothing more than to connvert them. Pretty much having these options gets us in line very quickly for the planes instead of waiting.

From what I hear you still have nowhere to put them. Options are just that....Options

Popeye0537 said:
From what I hear you still have nowhere to put them. Options are just that....Options

Whats the deal you cant read? I never said we would use the options or that we "had somewhere to put them" Here we go again another numbnuts that just cant wait to put some negetive light on to XJT. Stop being so negetive Francis!! :rolleyes:

Let me guess who you work for? CHQ Am i right?

Last edited:
This is funny

At least that A$$ of a c.e.o. has the where with all to post his idiotic rhetoric in public view, Ha what a tool, I'm glad I don't work for chitty kitty. The fact is that NO ONE knows what's going to happen period. Speculate all we want we'll know soon enough. If oil climbs to $90 a barrel this summer, we're all screwed right? I herd a rumor in MSY that CAL asked the pilots for scope relief, we all know what that means and we knew it was coming. I'd much rather see a major get 190s' than a regional any regional period.
Flame away dorks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Overs said:

From the nasdaq 1st quarter results for republic.....

Balance Sheet Information

At March 31, 2006 the Company had $184.0 million in cash and cash equivalents compared to $162.0 million as of December 31, 2005. The Company's long-term debt increased to $1.43 billion as of March 31, 2006, compared to $1.41 billion at December 31, 2005. All of the Company's long-term debt is at fixed interest rates, and is secured by the aircraft. The Company also has significant long-term operating lease obligations. At a 7% discount factor, the present value of these lease obligations was approximately $656.4 million as of March 31, 2006.

There tough guy, now please impress us all with all your financial analyst qualifications and please let us know how republic is hurting so bad. You are probably one of these guys that thinks zero debt = good.

freeflyer14 said:
From the nasdaq 1st quarter results for republic.....

Balance Sheet Information

At March 31, 2006 the Company had $184.0 million in cash and cash equivalents compared to $162.0 million as of December 31, 2005. The Company's long-term debt increased to $1.43 billion as of March 31, 2006, compared to $1.41 billion at December 31, 2005. All of the Company's long-term debt is at fixed interest rates, and is secured by the aircraft. The Company also has significant long-term operating lease obligations. At a 7% discount factor, the present value of these lease obligations was approximately $656.4 million as of March 31, 2006.

There tough guy, now please impress us all with all your financial analyst qualifications and please let us know how republic is hurting so bad. You are probably one of these guys that thinks zero debt = good.

Debt isn't bad at all...provided you have the cash flow to pay that debt down on schedule. From a financial standpoint, RJET has $184 million in cash and $1.43 billion in debt. XJT has $232 million in cash and $152 million in long-term debt. In other words, XJT can pay off its debt today and still have cash in the bank. That is an enviable position to be for any company.

Frankly, RJET is leveraged to the hilt and XJT isn't. RJET has business on the books for the near to mid-term future and should be able to service that debt no problem. Should XJT continue to only provide cost-plus type of services (in other words, no revenue sharing or branded flying), XJT will become a cash flow machine, given its incredibly low debt position, which will put them in a position to either make serious capital investments or other form of acquisitions.

-Neal

Let's see...Skywest bid on the flying, so did Trans States, ASA, Mesa, Pinnacle.

Mesa's CEO (J.O.) and anything Continental are worse than oil and water due to past history, right?

I talked to Trans States pilots who were absolutely sure they were going to be awarded this flying.

Would all of you be complaining like this if any of these other companies I cited had won the bid? I wonder, I really do.

I have several close friends at XJT - even if I didn't, any situation where people lose jobs as a result of another carrier is bad - plain and simple.

All of the posturing that's gone on in this thread so far is conjecture -- whoever posted the update on here originally did it in poor taste. Of course our CEO is going to try to spin things so he comes out looking the best. XJT folks, you are naive if you think that your management team wouldn't do the exact same thing.

Hard to know who to believe, but we were told, point blank, that we were not the lowest bidder for this flying.

And everyone would be wise to read the post from INDY319FA -- if I had a nickel for all the new deals and "behind the scenes" stuff that I've heard over the past three airlines, I could buy my own airplane and retire a rich person. If you XJT folks truly have a spot for all those airplanes, my hat's off to you, and I do, indeed, wish you luck on whatever that may be.

I'm getting a real sense of the exact same attitude that existed 3 - 6 months before you guys signed your current contract. Remember? "We're going to get 100/hr to fly the RJ" and "our pilots are better than yours, they can negotiate a contract so much better...we're going to show you." Well, you did well to get getting work rules, soft money, and a whole host of other things that I really wish that we had. A lot of it was a bunch of hot air, though. I'm not taking a shot at you guys by any stretch -- but I wouldn't be so quick to put all your faith in management; regardless of how things have gone thus far.

-brew3

brew3departure said:
Let's see...Skywest bid on the flying, so did Trans States, ASA, Mesa, Pinnacle.

Point of information...Mesa did not bid on this flying (for one very good reason).

Secondly, and this is not hot air but it is uneducated conjecture, I think you will find that XJT does indeed have some diversified plans for this group of airplanes. Will they be as profitable as they would have been had they continued to fly for CAL? I don't know. Will it be in a cost-plus guaranteed margin type of agreement? I don't know either. But I don't think you will see any of those 69 jets sitting in the desert 12 months from now getting a tan.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back