• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell that to all the junior SWA FOs who are about to get shafted by the merger if AirTran gets relative seniority. Their pay is much more affected due to seniority vs longevity.

That's why I think the end result will be a straight up staple of AT to SWA or SWA will walk away.

Tell that to all the junior SWA FOs who are about to get shafted by the merger if AirTran gets relative seniority. Their pay is much more affected due to seniority vs longevity.

That's why I think the end result will be a straight up staple of AT to SWA or SWA will walk away.

They could get relative seniority. They also can get Zero longevity. That would mean the top Captain at Airtran would be up in the top list of SWA if they got relative seniority as far as bidding goes. However, if they got zero longevity they could get paid as a 1 year Captain. It might not be worth that much but still it would be something. However, all First Officers could get relative seniority and also get 1 year pay and benefits. Interesting?

Hey cometman. So are you Bob dylan, Cometman and maybe SWA/fo? Are you arguing with yourself now because nobody will take your bait? You really need a life.

SWAFO, I'm not sure whether you're flaming, or just too lazy to look up real financials, but 2009 and 2010 are two of the most profitable years in our history, so you sound pretty stupid when you claim that we were in financial difficulty.

Actually, AirTran was profitable for 9 out of the last ten years.

Making 30 million a year, it would be tough paying you guys more and pay off your debt. The SWA/FO is making a good point. Swimming in debt was Tranny.

I think he is correct. Seniority will get you the position but not the pay. You can get a Captain position if no body senior to you bid the position. However, the pay will be based on the years in the classification or job describtion (Pilot or whatever it is called). Your seniority got you the position your longevity gets you the pay.

At SWA I believe you keep your longevity when you change seats. Therefore, an upgrade bumps you approximately 35% in pay.

From your 2009 Annual Report and I quote:

The amount of our debt and other fixed obligations, and potential increases in the amount of our debt and other
fixed obligations, an inability to refinance our debt and fixed obligations, and any acceleration of our debt or
other obligations could have important consequences to investors and could:​
��​
require a substantial portion of cash flows from operations for debt service payments, thereby
reducing the availability of our cash flow to fund working capital, capital expenditures,
acquisitions, and other general corporate purposes;

��​
limit our ability to obtain additional financing for aircraft purchases, capital expenditures,
working capital or general corporate purposes; and

��​
limit our flexibility in planning for, or reacting to, changes in our business and the industry in
which we operate and, consequently, place us at a competitive disadvantage to our competitors
with less debt.
As a result of the substantial fixed costs associated with our obligations we may not have sufficient liquidity to
fund all of our fixed costs if revenues decline or costs increase; and we may not have sufficient liquidity to
respond to competitive developments and adverse economic conditions.

Covenants in our existing debt instruments and potential future indebtedness could limit how we conduct our
business, which could affect our long-term growth potential. A failure by us to comply with any of our
existing or prospective restrictions could result in acceleration of the repayment terms of our existing or
potential future debt. Were this to occur, we might not have, or be able to obtain, sufficient cash to pay our
accelerated indebtedness.​
Certain of our existing debt instruments and financing agreements contain covenants that, among other things,
limit our ability to:​
��​
pay dividends and/or other distributions;

��​
incur additional indebtedness;

��​
prepay certain indebtedness;

��​
dispose of certain assets without application of the proceeds in one or more specified ways; and

��​
enter into mergers, consolidations or other business combinations.
As a result of these restrictive covenants, we may be limited in how we conduct business, and we may be unable
to raise additional debt or equity financing to operate during general economic or business downturns, to
compete effectively, or to take advantage of new business opportunities. This may affect our ability to generate
revenues and make profits.
Our failure to comply with the covenants and restrictions contained in our Credit Facility, our indentures,
leases, other financing agreements, and our aircraft purchase agreements could lead to a default under the terms
of those agreements. If such a default occurs, the other parties to these agreements could declare all amounts
borrowed and all amounts due under other instruments, which contain provisions for cross-acceleration or
cross-default, due and payable. If that occurs, we may not be able to make payments on our debt, meet our
working capital and capital expenditure requirements, or be able to find additional alternative financing on

acceptable terms or sustain our operations.

Isn't the above just the legal stuff an airline has to include on the Annual Report to not get sued by the shareholders just in case?? I am curious if this same statement would be found on other airlines annual reports??

Similiarly, this seems like a blanket liability statement one sees at the beginning of every wall street presentation a company does. Not sure if they are specific to the airline or just boiler-plate stuff.

If you're diving into annual reports to make a seniority argument- you're on a seriously ********************ed up line of thinking- I know very few pilots who ought to be interpreting those things- much less making any correlations... Stay calm, stay tuned- we only control so much

If you're diving into annual reports to make a seniority argument- you're on a seriously ********************ed up line of thinking- I know very few pilots who ought to be interpreting those things- much less making any correlations... Stay calm, stay tuned- we only control so much

Your right pilots should not...our m&a lawyers will. Good point.

Latest resources

Back