• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Insight into the Continental Referral Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The EWR CP told me right now they have so many internal referrals there is no need to look for people who don't have internal referrals. However he said at some point in time they may interview individuals without referrals.

Some additional info. If you go to EWR for your first interview it will be a board interview. If you pass down to IAH for the MD80 sim a week or two later. If you go to IAH for your interview, sim is first and then if successful board interview later the same day.

Their hiring a pretty good mix of XJT, airline (including other legacy furloughed pilots), regional, military and corporate/fractional. I was also told that newly hired pilots are encouraged to refer pilots. So hopefully that may help those of you that don't know anyone who has been at CAL for an extended period.

Last edited:
CAL EWR B737 said:
I wish I could answer your question honestly I don't know the answer. We do have some sort of preferential interview clause in the latest contract for CAL connection carriers.

I didn't want to get into union politics on this board. However we certainly could have negotiated a new flow through, unfortunately our selfish Negotiating Committee and CAL MEC didn't feel it was in there own best personal interest. OK enough of the union BS.

Personally I would think once the PIP is complete with your qualifications and references you should be offered an opportunity. Unfortunately I'm not the one who makes such decisions, just a line puke but a huge supporter of the XJT guys. Good Luck!

Union politics blow Rearrangement of the flow-through aggrement would of been nice since only 50% of the PIPs are taking advantage of it..enough...maybe one day I won't be one of the red-headed step-children!!

CAL EWR B737 said:
They're hiring a pretty good mix of XJT, airline (including other legacy furloughed pilots), regional, military and corporate/fractional. I was also told that newly hired pilots are encouraged to refer pilots. So hopefully that may help those of you that don't know anyone who has been at CAL for an extended period.

I was hoping to hear that. I honestly don't know many current CAL (non PIP) pilots on a professional basis. I have worked with several CAL pilots on union stuff back we were all under one roof but that doesn't account for much when it comes to a job interview. I do know and have worked professionally with many of the PIP guy/gals who are already there or plan on going over so I hope you are right.

Latest resources

Back