• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Innovative ways to save money...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont use the brakes.....in my Hyundai or my Grumman. Forget that concept of getting on the brakes to assure they are there and the fact that early steady braking is best for brake life...I dont need any of that. Its my runway I will use it all. I fly a big airplane.

I'm all about saving....you should see the fuel savings program I created for our department.

I got a gold star from my chief pilot.

Please tell me you don't do this at "busy" airports.

Forget it, I already know the answer. You're not kidding, are you?

So if you're landing north at DEN, on 35L, you're gonna roll to the end? Only to taxi 2.5 miles back to your FBO?

Never mind that 767 behind that might go around. You're a Gulfstream driver!

Last edited:
The cheapest descent isn't the steepest descent.

Time and traffic permitting, the nice slow 180kt, engine idle, long distance glide is the ultimate fuel saver. All those miles covered, for all that time, at taxi fuel burns.

So if you're landing north at DEN, on 35L, you're gonna roll to the end? Only to taxi 2.5 miles back to your FBO?

I think you missed G200's standard sarcasm.

Ohhh. I almost forgot. You and your co-pilot can share a hotel room. If you are single pilot, maybe you can double up with one of the passengers. I always bring my sleeping bag and stay in the plane and eat cabin stock.

Look what I've started.......:bomb:

DEN? 35L?

Son, we fly this mighty Grumman so we dont have to mix it up with the airline people....

Its been said many times in corporate aviation, by some of the top pilots in the industry...."It's my runway and I will use it all"

Gotta save the bosses brakes.

DEN? 35L?

Son, we fly this mighty Grumman so we dont have to mix it up with the airline people....

Its been said many times in corporate aviation, by some of the top pilots in the industry...."It's my runway and I will use it all"

See what happens when I try to help?????
G, you're such a ball buster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

DEN? 35L?

I think at airline indoc they outta teach those guys, when the aircraft preceeding you on arrival prefaces his callsign with "Gulfstream" immediately slow to final approach speed and be prepared to go around.

Example:

"Tower, Gulfstream 18UP, wicha, just outside da marker."

Airline Crew SOP Standard Call Out"

PF "Flaps Landing - Speed Set Vref."

PNF "Flaps selected landing, speed set XXX (KIAS). Standing by to go around."

If these airlines would just adhere to this, the world would be a much nicer place.:D

Ohhh. I almost forgot. You and your co-pilot can share a hotel room. If you are single pilot, maybe you can double up with one of the passengers. I always bring my sleeping bag and stay in the plane and eat cabin stock.

Look what I've started.......:bomb:

If you time it right, you can stay at the FBO's crew lounge for free! And if they have a shower, you are good to go! And that's not to mention the free candies or cookies that can substitute for one meal a day.

Latest resources

Back