• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

info on skywest reserve on EMB120 @ SFO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^ if you live in base you won't "hate reserve"... I bid reserve in base and tolerate it, because its better then 4 day trips over the weekend...with 5am reports and midnight release...

... And kool iad!

I live in base, and did multiple years on reserve and hold a line. The worst that reserve has to offer only occurs after the phone rings with a 435 area code attached and a Dixie College dropout on the other end who is currently experiencing "that time of the month" or menopause....
I gain nothing or lose nothing if you come here, reserve at SKYW is not like reserve anywhere else. When your phone rings and your schedule shows TDY to MSP for 5 days of reserve, where you sit in cheap hotel rooms far away from any amenities, you will question your choice to return to the regional industry.
For the record I have sat reserve as a F/O and CA, and currently hold a decent line. The best trip I can have is where I don't have to talk to SGU for any reason. Caveat Emptor

Wow.....^ .. Don't know what to say. You obviously need to move on..MSP Raddison Blue is pretty nice..??... Do i like 5 day TDY's.. No.. But had a ton of fun on my last TDY to MSP...

Wow.....^ .. Don't know what to say. You obviously need to move on..

Standard Kool Aid reply, can't argue with the power of the Aid. When you have been burned often and badly enough you will do the math and become aware through the KA haze.
Wanna know why we essentially got nothing in a pay package, negotiated during a period when SKYW is having a hard time getting people with the minimums to even interview? I know of more than one of our 20+ year guys looking to get out.
Good luck, you are gonna need it.

Last edited:
Everyone is looking. I get burned just as much as the other guy.. (Trust me),but i choose not to let it dig under my skin.. What happens, happens. Weather delay, mx issue, far117 crap, ect... But telling someone that there better off comuting to CLT and fly for mesa instead of sitting reserve at home in SFO is crazy!! (Thats implied i know u didn't actually say that)

Everyone is looking. I get burned just as much as the other guy.. (Trust me),but i choose not to let it dig under my skin.. What happens, happens. Weather delay, mx issue, far117 crap, ect... But telling someone that there better off comuting to CLT and fly for mesa instead of sitting reserve at home in SFO is crazy!! (Thats implied i know u didn't actually say that)

The above stuff is called flying the line, I am talking about the SKYW specialties like Ready Reserve, the 700 pay package vote, and hundreds of other bizarre examples of the worst that corporate America has to offer. When you have had a drunk MOD scream at you over the phone to "just fly the fukken plane". I tried to explain that the duty time plus the flight time made me illegal he hung up. Never heard about it again. The rote ignorance, paints a picture, that more than encourages almost everybody to want to "get out" eventually.
Enjoy it, I live for my days off, and endure.

Hey, you're still a lifer without a plan.... That is undeniable. You and Freeturd will hold hands until the end.

Bye Bye---General Lee
The plan is to expose you. I started my career and had my plans thwarted by 9/11, so while your mom was frantically trying to have you diagnosed to find out what is wrong, I was flying the line.
Your mom must have been a saint, what, with a special needs kid, with bad skin and the need to wear a styrofoam helmet 24/7 who is obsessed with airplanes and an airline fetish. A saint!
You must not deny her the solace that the sodomy that "Uncle Steve" provides her after he gets done cleaning DAL cabins.

The plan is to expose you. I started my career and had my plans thwarted by 9/11, so while your mom was frantically trying to have you diagnosed to find out what is wrong, I was flying the line.
Your mom must have been a saint, what, with a special needs kid, with bad skin and the need to wear a styrofoam helmet 24/7 who is obsessed with airplanes and an airline fetish. A saint!
You must not deny her the solace that the sodomy that "Uncle Steve" provides her after he gets done cleaning DAL cabins.

Wow! Has California liberalized the weed laws like CO and WA? You probably really need a drug test before your next E120 trip out of SFO!

And you want to "expose" me? Hey, I don't go that way.(Not that there is anything wrong with that). What you do provide though is an opportunity to show my superior knowledge on this industry as a whole. Yes, I do look at other sites (like Airliners dot net and yahoo aviation finance) to read up on pertinent topics. You should do the same, you might understand this industry better.

One of your major problems is your obstinance with change. Your side of this industry is changing, and you are and weren't prepared for it. That makes you nervous, and you lash out with dumb slams like "boogie and zit encrusted" nonsense. Not funny at all, except to you and your buddy Freeturd.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You get your meds adjusted fat-boy? I should have said confirm your exposure as to who you really are.
You aren't a pilot, and will never be one, sorry chubbs!

When you have had a drunk MOD scream at you over the phone to "just fly the fukken plane". I tried to explain that the duty time plus the flight time made me illegal he hung up. Never heard about it again. The rote ignorance, paints a picture, that more than encourages almost everybody to want to "get out" eventually.
Enjoy it, I live for my days off, and endure.

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but that is really out of character for anybody (including MODs or CS) that I've dealt with in my three years here. I would've been livid, and I sure hope you brought that behavior up to your CP or somebody in management. I know that kind of behavior is not tolerated here, and that MOD would have to answer for such actions. I'm pretty sure those phone calls are recorded too...

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but that is really out of character for anybody (including MODs or CS) that I've dealt with in my three years here. I would've been livid, and I sure hope you brought that behavior up to your CP or somebody in management. I know that kind of behavior is not tolerated here, and that MOD would have to answer for such actions. I'm pretty sure those phone calls are recorded too...
Three whole years? News flash, MOD phone calls are not recorded, not on my cell, and pretty sure if I called and asked him for the recording from his cell all I would get is more yelling, ie no recording. Sorry son you are way out of your league, you work for an At Will Employment company, do a google search and read up, real carefully. Then call a lawyer, get educated. I have survived this far for 15+ years, so you go ahead and do it your way, and I will do it my way.
BTW you get livid with an MOD and you will be unemployed before you hang up, ask one of your Captains about Don D.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back