• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info needed on Omni Air and Allegiant Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scrapdog.......Thanks for the reality...... I've never been to Vegas.....I do have to admit that its got to be better than where I'm based right now in Detroit.... This is no paradise.....Thanks for your honesty.....

Scrapdog.......Thanks for the reality...... I've never been to Vegas.....I do have to admit that its got to be better than where I'm based right now in Detroit.... This is no paradise.....Thanks for your honesty.....

Anytime mile - I'm also at Continental right now and I'm pretty sure they're hiring quite a few FA's as well as pilots...ever thought about applying there?

Scrapdog......I'm at a Charter Airline here in YIP and am scheduled in a training class for Spirit at the end of Jan. Just ready to get the heck out of where I'm at and trying to make sure that I make the right decision before I jump head first. I've heard good and bad about Continental as well...but that's with everything.
Thanks for all your help......

Scrapdog......I'm at a Charter Airline here in YIP and am scheduled in a training class for Spirit at the end of Jan. Just ready to get the heck out of where I'm at and trying to make sure that I make the right decision before I jump head first. I've heard good and bad about Continental as well...but that's with everything.
Thanks for all your help......

Mile - congrats on Spirit...looks like you've got some exciting things happening in the coming year. I take it one of Spirit's domiciles is in Vegas. That being the case, I did fail to mention 2 good things about Vegas...

1. The housing market there is actually a buyer's market right now. After about 4 or 5 years of prices going out of control, Vegas is now actually favoring the buyer as opposed to the seller.

2. The weather is awesome. I grew up in West texas and I love the hot desert wx (bar-b-que's, flip flops, tans, etc...). The weather is dry and pretty strong in the summer (quite a few days at 90+ and 100 deg) and the winter is cool and mild. Plus, you usually get 300+ days of sunshine a year. A huge upgrade over Michigan in my opinion.

Happy new year!

Thanks for the info and thanks for your help.....

Just checking out all I can before I make any wrong choices..... Spirit has flights out of Vegas their bases are DTW and FLL...... I was checking on an airline based there in Vegas named Allegiant.

Have a happy new year and be safe up there......

MileHigh

Our FAs at Allegiant are payed $13 and change per flight hour. They are also paid a percentage of all sales generated on their flights.

I also believe our FAs are in negotiations with management on a new pay plan. We're hiring do to expansion and I'm not seeing many people quit, so they must be fairly happy.

If you're interested in Allegiant, they're having a FA open house in Jan.

Date: Saturday - January 13, 2007
Time: 10:00 AM Sharp! Check-in begins 30 minutes prior. Doors will close promptly at 10:00 AM.
Where: Patrick Training Facility; 2875 E. Patrick Lane, Suite "G"Las Vegas, NV.

Visit the www.allegiantair.com website
Print and fill out an Allegiantemployment application (completely)
Attend the Recruitment Session (bring application & current resume)

Chperplt.......thanks so much for the info...... I already have my ticket to go to the open house on the 13th.... Your Inflight Recruiters at Allegiant are wonderful people and have been absolutely amazing with all their help.

Have a happy new year and wish me luck on the 13th.....maybe I'll become part of your team....

Last edited:
Wow, $13 an hour??? Seemingly that I can go to any reginonal and start out at $16 and only have 50 pax on my plane, I think I would rather work there than on a bigger AC and getting paid less. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Some of our lives are not how much money we make......It's what we enjoy doing. My job does not define me.... my life does. I enjoy being a flight attendant and money doesn't even factor in. Happiness is what floats my boat and job security.....

Point taken milehigh. However do you know the QOL? How many days off do you have? What are the rest requirements? What do they do if they take a day off away from you? How much vacation do they give you a year? How expensive is the insurance?

I love being a flight attendant also, however, I'm not going to blindly throw myself into a random flight attendant job just to do what I love to do. QOL is what I want, because family comes first and that's why I'm going to southwest.

Latest resources

Back