• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info KSEZ Sedona, AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, besides what's on airnav.com, I would add that it is on a mesa, there can be some really stiff turbulence when it's windy, and it is the $100 hamburger destination for the PHX gen av set. Nice resturant on site, awesome breakfasts.

Follow the PAPI due to the visual illusion associated with the mesa.

My last company took a beechjet in there, I would think it is on the edge of performance if it is at all warm. 4800 and change elevation, and a 5,000ft runway with a gradient. A straight wing Citation ought to be okay as long as you weren't going far.

Last edited:
SEZ is a nice airport. The line guys at Red Rock Aviation are great to work with upon arrival. Like PHX said, use the PAPI if it is working (was notamed OTS the last time I was in there). The boulders on each end of the runway seem to come up and grab you on short final!

The big thing that got me last time was the obstacle departure procedure. It says to use the RNAV Type B SID and our GPS (KLN-90B) is no longer approved to do those. So, go figure that it was 1000' foot overcast and snowing when we were trying to leave, so nuts on us. Oh well, we had a blast driving around in the hills for an extra day. :D

Not too bad of a place. In a jet you land to north take off to the south due to terrian. I would plan on going in during the morning as the winds pick-up after about 11AM and you will exceed your tailwind componets. Taxiways are a bit narrow, but good parking.

Nice spot.

PS do not get stuck in the vortex ... particularily if you are channeling negative energy ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back