Info for NJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jppt2000 said:
You should of known you were going to work at an outfit that was created to circumvent a unionized group of pilots.
I'll bet you closed your eyes to that fact as you stepped over every NJA pilot to grab that first rung of the ladder.

So you’re saying in 1996, NJA had (25 or more) type rated and qualified G-IV pilots who had extensive International flying experience?

What unionized pilot group was that? Was it the same one that agreed in writing to the LOA which allowed EJI to start? Was it the same one that signed another LOA in 1998 to let it keep going? I’ll wager you were not even at NJA in 1996. So you knew the deal when you got hired, wanna fly Gulfstreams, go to NJI, wanna start in an Ultra, go to NJA. I’ll also wager your resume and experience had a lot to do with that decision.

Man!!!!! You guys are really full of yourselves.

Furtunately, I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of NJI guys, and with only a few exceptions, they have all been very nice and open.

Many extending their congradualtions of the completion and ratification of the contract. Its a good thing for both sides.

I'm relieved to know that the opinions offered on this board are those of the minority and I'm sure anonymity lends to more abrassive tones.

Ditto your comment DO-82. Who are these masked men ? Both sides of the fence. Sure glad they will not be making the decisions.

I will wager that anyone on the NJA side who has the slightest chance of a G-IV PIC seat has been on the property 10+ years... to include 1996. I am starting 8 years and have zero chance of getting the left seat of a gulfstream in the next 5 years minimum. maybe i could get the right seat.

With DOH integration... I think there will be at least a few NJI SICs who might want to upgrade in a G-200, Horizon or Falcon... to get a significant payraise over FO pay.... instead of waiting yrs longer for the G-IV. I guess that depends on how long you have to wait?

How long are you guys waiting now? What if RTS decided to get rid of the Gulfstreams and switch to all Falcons 7X?

As far as resume and experience... we have 3 pilots that came from Delta's training department as International IP's. A few former TWA 747 Capts... etc.. B-1, B2, AWACS, C-5, C-141, etc.. Retired AF general.... I think things like that go good on a resume.

I did a lot of flying in the middle east on contract to saudi arabian texaco. It was a hassle at first and but I knew weeks ahead of time if I was going someplace I never been before. Thank heavens for universal. A big motivation for coming to NJA with a massive paycut was to get out of Dhahran and kuwait City... before it cost me a divorce.

Anyway... I think its possible to work something out thats fair. possible example. Date of Hire, with a fence. with the fence... 2 NJI upgrades to every 1 NJA upgrade .... you upgrade ahead of NJA guys on the property for 10 and more yrs. Or you can cross over and compete for the falcon g-200, etc, based on DOH only.

just an idea... maybe its not one you like but lets talk about it respectfully and see if there is something that works. A lot of A-side guys probably don't like this idea either.

I think something can be done that will make most people happy.

wolfpackpilot said:
So you’re saying in 1996, NJA had (25 or more) type rated and qualified G-IV pilots who had extensive International flying experience?

What unionized pilot group was that? Was it the same one that agreed in writing to the LOA which allowed EJI to start? Was it the same one that signed another LOA in 1998 to let it keep going? I’ll wager you were not even at NJA in 1996. So you knew the deal when you got hired, wanna fly Gulfstreams, go to NJI, wanna start in an Ultra, go to NJA. I’ll also wager your resume and experience had a lot to do with that decision.

DO-82 driver said:
Man!!!!! You guys are really full of yourselves.

Furtunately, I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of NJI guys, and with only a few exceptions, they have all been very nice and open.

Many extending their congradualtions of the completion and ratification of the contract. Its a good thing for both sides.

I'm relieved to know that the opinions offered on this board are those of the minority and I'm sure anonymity lends to more abrassive tones.

A Pilot with an attitude........What ?

A Gulstream Pilot with an ego..Well that is just crazy talk.;)

Just having fun with a volatile subject with some infantile conversation. But there is no need to be rude. "nurseing home" "Food with straw"

I am glad Rusty was over that LZ and survived.

wolfpackpilot said:
Please leave our Savior and Lord out of this pointless argument. I take offense to it!

no, I'm not kidding.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :crying:

Oh, and Happy Holidays!

Hey ce750thief/driver

I hope I do sound like your 13 year old he has a great concept of saving money instead of stealing it. Hopefully you are not teaching him to steal from the company too. Definately something to worry about because the UNION wont back him up. Also it not just $5 for the suck job...it's $15 and up for the fake tip to the line guys (that you dont pay) so you dont have to get oil on the back of your shirt.

Also as for the maintenance issue...Grounding, saftey issues are different than what I have seen in the past and heard you guys talking about around the camp fire. I still moon light and fly helicopters so I know what a little issue can turn into....I just dont walk up to my aircraft with a particular spot in mind to get my daily grounding write up. Face it ...it's happening and you know it.

Oh and the gas prices is the little issue is nothing...it just pours salt into their wounds....Hefty gas price..aircraft broke...delayed....pilots attitudes suck..."Hey CFO, Cant we afford to just buy a ce750 instead of all this bull$h*t" BY BY net jets....Lost another one to Ditech!! But Dont worry the Union will buy the aircraft from them and protect us all......Go back and play with your 13 year old. He is wiser and will teach you a thing or two. Or better yet Granny...where is she....Union run her off!!!???

Check your ammo...your shooting stolen blanks!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back