• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And your problem is???

ReportCanoa said:
Check out this link to the Pilot Resources page of the Dayjet site:

Jets for Dummies

Just shows what they think pilots are worth. Good luck with that place.

Keep in mind that Eclipse is designing this airplane with the owner/pilot in mind. They are attempting to simplify things so this bird can become the new Dr/Lawyer killer. As far as professional pilot attitudes go, the author hit the nail on the head. This is NOT the atom-splitting business after all, and the "We are God's gift to mere mortals to bless you with our presence" attitude that some in this business have only hurts the reputation of all.

I don't care how big a Lear/Gulfstream/Boeing you fly, you still gotta squat to $hit like the passengers do. A dose of humility goes a long way in this profession.

Last edited:
No wonder they aren't publishing the pay. $50k for any jet captain is way low. There is no reason for a professional pilot with years of training and tens of thousands of dollars invested to make less than a truck driver with 2 weeks of training at a driving school. I made over $50 grand flying a C208 for Chrissakes!

Hi!

$50K could be a TON of money, or not very much, depending on your point of view.

If you live in FL, and want to be home EVERY night and EVERY weekend, then $50K is a lot. If you don't have a home/family and/or don't care how long it takes to commute or how long you're on the road, then you can get higher paying jobs elsewhere.

I'm sure DayJet will have tons of applicants. I definitely would if I lived in that area or wanted to move there.

cliff
ELP

I agree cliff, it is a matter of perspective. I am just frustrated when I see people willing to settle for crap wages just because they want to fly. It drags down the whole industry.

I walk 5 minutes to work, average 3 work days a week, and about 3 RON's a month and make over $70k for my trouble. I am luckier than most. Those DayJet people will be working harder than I do, and deserve to make more money than the guy driving the city bus they rode on getting to the airport, IMO. We pilots need to have more self respect and demand what we are worth.

Any updates on Dayjet? Any further estimates on when we might see those Eclipses on the line? Q3 or Q4?

With all of the travel hassels getting even worse, perhaps Dayjet will benefit even more during the start up phase....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back