• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indiana U plane down.....5 killed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot and plane were from South Bend. Someone at my local flight school looked up the certificate from the name in the paper. Only private ASEL and AMEL plus an instrument.

Cappytan said:
So are we interested in why the 206 (Caravan?) crashed or how to play the piano? What was her experience? Sad that four others put their trust in her...and now?
I agree with FN_FAL on this. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

jdlilfan said:
Only private ASEL and AMEL plus an instrument.

whats your point? All thats telling me is that she was qualified to fly that plane in that weather, at least certificate wise.

jdlilfan said:
Pilot and plane were from South Bend. Someone at my local flight school looked up the certificate from the name in the paper. Only private ASEL and AMEL plus an instrument.
I used to crank out commercial sign offs on the weekends between 10 day instrument students, like a "girls gone wild" chick flips off her bikini top. What's your point? Do you think a couple of chandelles, 8's on pylons and the aeronautical knowledge necessary to do bird watching and banner towing would have saved their bacon? Knowing that crap didn't do much for the 121 pilots in those two Missouri crashes, did it sonny?

As far as you or anybody knows at this point in time, the vacuum pump failed and suckered her in to the crash or a control cable snapped...to guess any further would be useless.

jdlilfan said:
I was just replying to cappytans question. I guess my wording of "only" was of bad taste.
A word makes the difference. No big deal...I guess I owe you an opthalmology.

:laugh:

It was mentioned in an earlier post that the pax were musicians...that is what prompted the temporary hijack. So technically "we" are interested in both huh cappytan?

W

Cappytan said:
So are we interested in why the 206 (Caravan?) crashed or how to play the piano? What was her experience? Sad that four others put their trust in her...and now?

I understand the interest, was just making sure we don't miss the reason for the thread that a plane went down and "we", or at least some of us, might be interested as to why?

FlyingFisherman said:
The Caravan is a 208. The 206 is a piston aircraft. A bigger fatter 182 which is a bigger fatter 172 which are very good flying airplanes.

Ahh, the StationAir.....thanks Fisherman!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back