• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indian AF "cleans" USAF's clock

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm serious. These Ego drivers were losing to IAF Mig-21s!!!

Ha! Clearly written by someone who has never tried to tangle with an F-15 in a 60s vintage airplane!

Ok 80fr80, I get it now...you obviously have a personal issue against fighter pilots. I don't know what happened to you in the past - perhaps you got turned down by the military to fly or a fighter guy snatched up your girlfriend. Either way, your little antics are easily seen through.

As far as the IAF Cope India exercise...the press totally skewed the actual facts. Some of it I can't talk about on here, but I can say the US fighter guys had their "hands" tied if you will. It was definetly not mano vs. mano or the results would have been extremely different.

I hope you get your personal issue and your small man's syndrome resolved soon.

80for80 said:

That has to be flamebait. There is no way any rational person could keep up such a ridiculous, stupid, and hardheaded argument. Either that or scrapdog hit the nail squarely, soundly, and forcefully right on the head.

Here's what I had to say when this subject was on the Constant Peg thread:

You can rail all you want about the "decline" of the USAF fighter pilot but I'd love to hear what AlbieF15, Magnum!, and the other experienced pointy-nosed guys who fully understand all facets of air-to-air combat and are great about posting "just the facts" would have to say about the scenarios. Obviously, I'd not expect them to post anything revealing on a public website.

You can keep up your silly flamebaiting but nobody with any common sense would take a word of your idiocy seriously. Especially when one reads what the guys on this board who have actually zipped up a g-suit and spit an air-to-air missile have to say about the exercise.

Ha! Clearly written by someone who has never tried to tangle with an F-15 in a 60s vintage airplane!

Or knows anything about tactics, EA, EW, Bison upgrades, capabilities, and on and on and on and on... I think his g/f left him for a military guy.

As far as the IAF Cope India exercise...the press totally skewed the actual facts. Some of it I can't talk about on here, but I can say the US fighter guys had their "hands" tied if you will. It was definetly not mano vs. mano or the results would have been extremely different.

Exactly Scrapdog. And that's just the way the AF wanted it, so that a more compelling case could be made for continued F-22 funding.

(sponsored by the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte on 30 Dec.)

I have no doubt that the rules of engagement in this '05 exercise were stacked against the US. But the AF used the results as a scare tactic to stump for F-22 funding.

I think we have a winner.
Perhaps the AF allowed the ROE knowing what the apparent outcome would be at a time when they felt that F-22 funding might be in jeapordy.

Exactly Scrapdog. And that's just the way the AF wanted it, so that a more compelling case could be made for continued F-22 funding.

(sponsored by the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte on 30 Dec.)

See it however you'd like there Dave...if it buys us more Raptors, then great. I personally would want the greatest number of the most technologically advanced multirole fighters defending my country against our enemies. If you think cutting the funding is best suited for you, there's a great country for you just east of here where you get everything rationed to you equally by a communist government and you get to learn a neat asian language to boot.

Let me know how the great wall is out there - and you'll never have to pay taxes to fund the F-22 or any other US military program. Sounds perfect for you.

Dave... once again you've opened your mouth, and removed all doubt that you don't know what you're talking about. I've read the reports, and sat through the detailed briefs concerning Cope India and the outcome, and stipulations. What we learned, what we gave up, what we didn't. Have you? Ya didn't think so. It would be so far over your head I think for once you'd shut up. I can't even fully comprehend some of the tactics changes (or current tactics for that matter).

That said, I'm a firm believer that the AF needs the F-22 to stay ahead of the curve. I believe it was Magnum that said, when the next large scale air war breaks out, I don't want it to be a fair fight.

80for80 go back to left closed traffic in your Cessna 152 and give way for RAKE on final, military jet overtaking you

No, I'm serious, your still sitting at Eagle, and still wondering why no major has ever given you a call, when you keep posting crap/flame bait like this, what did you expect? Look in the mirror kid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back