• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indian AF "cleans" USAF's clock

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is much, much, more to this story than can be printed. But, hey, if the rest of the world wants to think American airpower is slipping, fine by me.

This has been discussed here before.

I have no doubt that the rules of engagement in this '05 exercise were stacked against the US. But the AF used the results as a scare tactic to stump for F-22 funding.

You can't have it both ways MAGNUM!!

I once merged with 3 Su-30 MKIs and I came away unscathed :)

414flyer...and then you woke up?

414flyer...and then you woke up?

No, it really happened actually. One of those flights where you dont think to bring the dv camcorder, but dearly wish you had it afterwards.

They were at my 11, a few miles out crossing left to right, higher than me. That is one disadvantage those planes have, they are huge and very visible up there.

They turned in and came for me, one passed right under me, two more pass not far off my right wing. They kept going, either they were just screwing with me or practicing using me for a target possibly

Last edited:
Old news, and I scoff. One word, handcuffs. But clearly we need a new fighter to take on these Su-30 MKIs. This makes good press when you're buying F-22s.

Old news, and I scoff. One word, handcuffs. But clearly we need a new fighter to take on these Su-30 MKIs. This makes good press when you're buying F-22s.

Or how about better pilots for our existing fleet of F-15s and F-16s. Much cheaper than new F-22s.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back