• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Inconsiderate bastards!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But NEVER try to tell those smokers what to do! They have rights, damnit!!!

Yes we do, so eff off!!! Yes I do smoke, but abide by all policies regarding smoking in hotels, etc. Nothing worse then getting to a skunked out, stale smoked smelling room.

Oh yeah, thanks for the lovely death wishes schmuck. Karma is a biatch...have a nice, safe day. :beer:

Yes we do, so eff off!!! Yes I do smoke, but abide by all policies regarding smoking in hotels, etc. Nothing worse then getting to a skunked out, stale smoked smelling room.

Oh yeah, thanks for the lovely death wishes schmuck. Karma is a biatch...have a nice, safe day. :beer:
Never have, nor ever will wish death upon anyone!

Just trying to provoke thought in that smoking is very selfish, and the smoker is drastically odds on to die premature. Can I get hit by a truck today....sure. Bad arguements. Anyone can, but the smokers are gradually comitting suicide, and their families are the ones left to grieve them too early. Case in point, my mother hung with 3 other gals in her late teens to late 20's. The other three were smokers. She just attended the 3rd funeral this summer - all three died by their early 60's. (Lung Cancer and emphysema) My Mom, who never smoked is in great health and enjoying retirement. Their young kids attended funerals and kids lost grandparents. Not fair to them. but that is only my opinion. I'm sure you all have many justifications, excuses and opinions of your own - and your entitled to them. But, I wish you no harm.

Hotel room.. ha. I was jumpsearing on Co a couple of months ago, and on taxi out the CA looks over to me and says "I hope you aren't allergic to smoke". Then he opens the side window on the 737 and fires up a smoke on the taxi out. Nice. We get cleared for takeoff, and then he flicks his smoke out the window as he is taxiing into position, pulls the window closed and says ok, lets go. No $hit. Then on landing, we had barely cleared the runway and the window was open and a smoke fired up for the taxi in. This guy was a niccotine fiend.

Wish a bunch of my airline's senior Captains were chain smokers, but dammed if they don't eat fruit, go to bed early, and run half marathons. Those well preserved bastages are going to fly until at least age 65.

What is funny is ASA's ALPA generally paid the fine and never talked to the people responsible. In fact we normally (ALPA) paid the fines for the FA's too!

Hotel room.. ha. I was jumpsearing on Co a couple of months ago, and on taxi out the CA looks over to me and says "I hope you aren't allergic to smoke". Then he opens the side window on the 737 and fires up a smoke on the taxi out. Nice. We get cleared for takeoff, and then he flicks his smoke out the window as he is taxiing into position, pulls the window closed and says ok, lets go. No $hit. Then on landing, we had barely cleared the runway and the window was open and a smoke fired up for the taxi in. This guy was a niccotine fiend.

The document door on an ATR can easily be used for this purpose.

But NEVER try to tell those smokers what to do! They have rights, damnit!!!

That's what I was told too! Don't buy into it for a minute! They CHOOSE to smoke. I don't CHOOSE to manage their flights when they go smoke.

What is funny is ASA's ALPA generally paid the fine and never talked to the people responsible. In fact we normally (ALPA) paid the fines for the FA's too!
What? I was joking, are you serious?

That is not what I want my dues money used for!

Really, the folks who smoke in the rooms should be whacked with the penalty. Nothing is worse than getting to the room dead tired after a long day with a short overnight to find that it stinks so bad your eyes water. Then you consider... 15 minutes to slog downstairs, get a new room, another 10 to get settled and 5 to sleep, or do I just bury my head in the pillow and try to ignore the wretched smell of stale smoke.

You say we are paying the bill, which is nothing less than an endorsement of this bad behavior. How do we stop that practice? I've never seen it in a budget, are you sure this is going on?

WADR, I think and hope you may be wrong on this issue, on both accounts. However, it is worth investigating.

You guys whine more than my 3 year old.

Things must be going pretty well if this is all you have to complain about.

Latest resources

Back