• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Inconsiderate bastards!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all seriousness, staying in hotels is by far the worst part of the job in my eyes. Since the economy has been on the skids, I have found a lot more unwashed towels, previously used shampoo, missing soap, unchanged sheets on the bed, etc. And about half the time, we stay in nicer hotels, too. Bed bugs are popping up all over the place, and this is a result of poor cleaning practices. I always used to laugh at the flight attendants who brought their own sheets...

this is the second down turn I've seen since starting comm flying 12 years ago and I'll second the above trend. whenever the economy tanks the bed bugs come out. i have one on my leg (above the knee) right now that itches like crazy. however it seems that we get treated better by the hotel staff during these times.

I was told that spraying athletes foot spray (tinactin) on your legs before bed will keep biting bed bugs at bay. anyone know or tried this?

it also seems like the further south I overnight the more likely I am of getting some kind of bite. that La quisha hotel in MSY I stayed at while at republic was the worst for bugs and getting bit.

Or go "tobacco free" like Alaska Airlines. Personally I'd like it.

I could go on and on about co-workers who leave their flights to go "burn one" while the rest of us are left to handle their diversions, emergencies, maintenance and crew issues. However we have "eyes" that watch these boards and I've been "called out on the carpet" and my employment threatened for a post I made about inconsiderate smokers. :angryfire

Leave their flights? To go where exactly?

Well it is hard to slop with the pigs without getting the smell on you. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

What I do in my room is MY business. Piss off.

I realize this specific post was made in jest - so this is not directed at glasspilot. But, when the actions of others, on what should be their own time, affects my QOL, i.e., nice hotels, I believe a good old-fashioned, Texas-style ass whippin' is in order.

I realize this specific post was made in jest - so this is not directed at glasspilot. But, when the actions of others, on what should be their own time, affects my QOL, i.e., nice hotels, I believe a good old-fashioned, Texas-style ass whippin' is in order.

But NEVER try to tell those smokers what to do! They have rights, damnit!!!

Blood coagulates upon death, your biker heart would do the same thing. I bet you bought the flowbee watching late night TV. Pawn

I dont think its blood, we have the same commercial in Indiana, and I think its the artery clogging goo that they are showing...

Latest resources

Back