• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Inappropriate PA's" memo....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It might be certain people posting what they say in their PA's on this board and the other board. Ya know management reads this stuff too. Good or bad, it gives them the pulse of the group, and how to manage us.

So where is that sniveling POS joemerchant? Hanging with the fat chick LJ again?

When skwywest started flying to ORD the ramp was run by AWAC. Skywest flights waited in the penalty box for hours while AWAC planes got gates. Instead of complaining on the PA the simple solution was to get on the cell and call B. Holt in Utah. Within 10 minutes we all had gates and management was aware of the problem. Pax didn't hear unprofessional comments from the crew.....the cvr sure had some though.

When skwywest started flying to ORD the ramp was run by AWAC. Skywest flights waited in the penalty box for hours while AWAC planes got gates. Instead of complaining on the PA the simple solution was to get on the cell and call B. Holt in Utah. Within 10 minutes we all had gates and management was aware of the problem. Pax didn't hear unprofessional comments from the crew.....the cvr sure had some though.

Ahhhh. Those were the days. I used to credit 5-8 hours more pay per 4 day trip because of those idiots. Too bad they are gone.

I remember one time pulling into ORF when I was at the commuta's. They (The mainline workers that the paint on the outside showed) parked us and walked away. No one would come and take the "carry on's" out of the cargo hold. So after like 10 minutes I did....I rolled the metal stairs over and pulled them off...brought them to the front of the wing let the passengers out and walked them up the jet way.

The ramp crew came over and gave me an ear full about the union and how they were going to file a grievence against me for doing their job. I said "your job...you were not doing anything"...I was helping "Their" passengers..and they are contracted to my company to work our planes and they were not doing it!

Of course nothing happend from it all and there were pleanty more days that we waited again and again...no wonder SWA is seeing more and more bussiness passengers. At least they know what they are getting!

I remember one time pulling into ORF when I was at the commuta's. They (The mainline workers that the paint on the outside showed) parked us and walked away. No one would come and take the "carry on's" out of the cargo hold. So after like 10 minutes I did....I rolled the metal stairs over and pulled them off...brought them to the front of the wing let the passengers out and walked them up the jet way.

I can see where you're coming from, and there was a time, years ago, when I still cared and might've done something similar. God help you if you get hurt doing it. But I'm curious where you draw the line. If no gate agent shows up, are you going to hop out and drive the jetway? Marshal yourself in? Pump your own gas? File your own flight plan? Board the flight? And if not, why not? How are they different from swinging bags? It's all about serving the customer, right?

Marshal yourself in?

I've done that one in my past life, thanks to those f***ing useless Allegheny rampies in BOS a few years ago. They wouldn't leave their little shack until Wheel of Fortune was over, and it wasn't over until our departure time.

:mad:

I do know what you mean...where to draw the line. Obviously they parked us then walked away. There was no jetway for my little lowly prop plane. I have thought of the getting hurt thing but hey gotta live a little without fear!

I have filed my own flight plan and ran all the numbers for departure when the computers were down. Called dispatch to get time and initials and off we went. Sometimes it is fun to operate in a broken system and see if we can do it. It is much better when everyone just does their jobs and we all work like a team.

It is not all roses where I work now but it is a lot better. We all really do work together. Even in an all union shop with all different unions we all help each other out in the spirit of the company. We do not put work groups against each other.

Working at the regionals was tougher because when the "Mainline" ramp or agents worked us they had the mentality that we were just the commuter...the pax did not really even matter to them. Not always but at times!

Latest resources

Back