• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In Memory of Rich.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is really sad. Very sad for the people he left behind to forever come to terms to explain to themselves how they were not responsible. Suicide is a very selfish act you do to your loved ones.

There is no way the remarks on this forum is solely responsible for the decision he made to end his life. Life in general plays its part. Some cope better than others. But things do add up and no doubt the remarks by cowards on this forum that could be so vile certainly played a part. Along with the other venues that attacked this man who thought he was doing good for his fellow pilots with a situation no one other than upper management of both companies wanted.

RIP fellow aviator.

And on a side note, those who selfishly provoke this vile type of behavior on forums are also responsible indirectly for tragedies as these. We and you know who you are.

Terribly sad news. An absolute tragedy that somebody who wasn't alone, should die alone. I'm eternally grateful that the last time I saw him, it was with a handshake and a smile.

Ever hear guys, "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all"?
ONE day people will be saying RIP to you!

Kharma, you can't sue people for disagreeing with you. Typical AMERICAN=Blame someone else/or always looking to sue. SAD

Scarlet gets it on both topics. Godspeed Rich

Very sad. Prayers for him and his family.

Don't want to put anyone on the spot, but perhaps the next couple of AT transition classes could consider the possibility of making their charitable donations to help out his widow. I don't know her specific situation and have no desire to pry, but in general this kind of thing is difficult financially for the family for the first few months, what with insurance often refusing to pay and bills continuing regardless of the loss of income. It would also be an excellent time for GK and the rest of the culture warriors to put action with their words. It's a good time for all of us to come together and help a fellow employee in need.

So sad to hear this. Prayers for his family, that they have good friends to comfort them through this. God bless them!

You have no idea what my relationship was with Rich, so save your crap. Rich was a friend. We gave each other a hard time about the merger, because we both felt very strongly that our position was right, but when the merger talk was over, we had a drink and talked football, politics, boating, whatever, and we didn't take it personally.

Those of you who would like to make this yet another argument about the SLI, or who want to sling mud, should keep your comments to yourself. Give people some time to cope with some pretty awful news.

PCL_128
Union Thug

Good for you. Now good riddance. __________________
Sounds like a good friend to me. I would NEVER speak to a bud of mine that way.

Sounds like a good friend to me. I would NEVER speak to a bud of mine that way.

Believe me, it was in his best interest, as well as everyone else's, that he transition to SWA as soon as possible. Hanging around over here, obsessing about AIP1, was not good for him. I'll just leave it at that.

Vixin gets it!!

I stand by my post. He created great pain and suffering for his wife and kids. He didn't consider them at all. Very selfish. You guys talk about him like he's some sort of hero.

I don't know this Rich fellow from Adam, nor am I an airline guy, but c'mon man. There's a time and a place for your opinion.It's called the tavern.

Just because we have the right to free speech doesn't mean we can have reckless abandon of common sense or not show some dignified respect when someone perishes, whether we see eye to eye with their decisions or not.

Latest resources

Back