• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In Memory of Rich.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former dispatcher for Capt Beisheim, I'm saddened. While we went our own ways, he was a Captain that when he said what about this way, it more often than not made sense. I learned some of dispatching at a regional from Capt Beisheim. I also remember him as one pilot who would fly his tail off, so as to time out annually around this time of year.

Rest in Peace Captain. Forecast is now for VFR skies, and tailwinds.

I don't know this Rich fellow from Adam, nor am I an airline guy, but c'mon man. There's a time and a place for your opinion.It's called the tavern.

Just because we have the right to free speech doesn't mean we can have reckless abandon of common sense or not show some dignified respect when someone perishes, whether we see eye to eye with their decisions or not.

It's not a matter of seeing things eye to eye or even respect. It is a fact that he created devastating pain for his wife. Do you not agree with that fact? Clearly the answer is yes. It is a fact. Did he consider her in making the decision he made? Apparently not. Sorry for all concerned including him and his family but that does not change the facts. That's your common sense once you wipe away the emotion. Maybe you'll see that in time.

Now is not the time.

R.I.P. Rich...

It is a shame you will not get to reap the benefits of your hard work. You will be missed and appreciated by many.

It's not a matter of seeing things eye to eye or even respect. It is a fact that he created devastating pain for his wife. Do you not agree with that fact? Clearly the answer is yes. It is a fact. Did he consider her in making the decision he made? Apparently not. Sorry for all concerned including him and his family but that does not change the facts. That's your common sense once you wipe away the emotion. Maybe you'll see that in time.

You're an ignorant fool. People who take their own lives aren't thinking rationally, and aren't sitting around putting together a list of pros and cons, thinking about how it will affect the people they leave behind. Their minds are a mess, and their decisions aren't logical. To judge their decision by any sort of rational standard just shows that you don't have a clue what you're talking about, and shouldn't be discussing anything dealing with mental illness.

In other words, STFU.

PCL, for the second time in my life I agree with you. However, Mach isn't worth the effort. Let it be... Most of us are in the same corner as you shaking our heads at .80. You don't have to fight him or argue with him.

Latest resources

Back