Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
not sure if this thread has been started already, but another thread on this board (http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=693976#post693976) begged to ask the question:

what are some of the best pranks you have played on people while flying? i was on a prog check with our chief pilot and we were told of traffic very close at 12 o'clock on our turning climb out of KSFB. we start looking up and all the sudden he screams "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!" i freaked out and pushed the control stick forward, diving out of the path of the other 'airplane'. he started laughing and said he was kidding.

have you guys any stories like this?

We have a guy who loves to sleep when it's not his leg. I like to reach over and hit the cabin altitude alerter test switch and watch him break his neck reaching for his O2 mask before he realizes it's a joke.It's comforting to know he can literaly do the first memory item in his sleep.

I paid a mechanic to reverse the aileron linakages. This guy went down the runway, lifted off, and proceeded to make a VERY steep right turn until the aircraft was almost inverted. He never recovered, but unbelievably, he lived. When I went to visit him in the hospital, I started laughing, and told him about the practical joke. He wasn't laughing.

cforst513 said:
not sure if this thread has been started already, but another thread on this board (http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=693976#post693976) begged to ask the question:

what are some of the best pranks you have played on people while flying? i was on a prog check with our chief pilot and we were told of traffic very close at 12 o'clock on our turning climb out of KSFB. we start looking up and all the sudden he screams "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!" i freaked out and pushed the control stick forward, diving out of the path of the other 'airplane'. he started laughing and said he was kidding.

have you guys any stories like this?

I can see your chief pilot doing this at Pinnacle in the near future...

"TRAFFIC"....push her over at 410 dude....haha kidding....

:rolleyes: ..

real dorky man, real dorky...

I agree with the above, your "chief pilot" is an ass.

Last edited:
On the Shorts 360 the systems test panel is on the sidewall right next to the FO. Two captains and classmates were flying together (never a safe thing) and they were having a landing contest.

On the final leg, just as the guy in the left seat got into his flare, the other guy hit the stick shaker test. The natural reaction of jamming the stick forward ended the competition for the day.

That's a good one... ;) TC

Gulfstream 200 said:
I can see your chief pilot doing this at Pinnacle in the near future...

"TRAFFIC"....push her over at 410 dude....haha kidding....

:rolleyes: ..

real dorky man, real dorky...

Well I see two have already pitched in on this but man, that was funny. Ever heard of a thing called "boy cried wolf"? Maybe next time it's the real deal but you'll think he's kidding.

*drunk post...
I'm slowly getting inebriated, it's a beautiful florida sunday morning and I'm happy.

I was the "recipient" of a nice little joke once.

Doing some aerial photo work in a 172 with a friend of mine, we tried turning on the computer but it didn't work. So...while he flew, I had to crawl over the front seat, over the back seat, and reach into the cargo area to turn on the CUP...on the way back up...uh...lets just say I did some flying of my own. That's the last time I'll go w/o a seatbelt like that...geez...

-mini

Back when I was still instucting, me and a friend saw another friend of ours get in the plane with his student. After they started the engine, we Knowing that it will take them a few minutes to get the plane moving. We snuck up from behind the plane and tied the tail back down. If was pretty dam funny, watching them putting fullpower in and going nowhere, cycleing the power back and forth. he sort of figured it out as he saw us laughing our a#s off a few planes down the line.

Last edited:
Sometimes on deadhead legs after a long day of flying we'll take turns sitting in the back having lunch/dinner while the other pilot sits up front and works the radios and fly the airplane.

One time I was flying with the Chief Pilot (whos notorious for pranks) who was sitting all the way in the back row with a food tray on the table in front of him. As customary on deadhead legs I was flying left seat, and when he got all settled and into his meal, I reached over and threw on the Stick Shaker test switch. Soon as the sticks started shaking I screamed "OH MY GAWD!!!!" and acted like I was panicked. He jumped up so fast, and dashed for the cockpit, I don't think his feet even touched the cabin floor! He left behind a dismounted table, and his food tray all over the cabin aisle - which in the aftermath I got to clean up for the prank! Ever since that it's been an ongoing war of pranks between the two of us.

We had another new captain in our company that on his first flight out one of the F/O's was walking him thru the cockpit inspection, and actually convinced the guy to turn the oxgyen switch to "Manual Drop". He did, and of course a whole cabin full of oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling in the cabin. And anyone who's ever had to restuff those O2 masks back into the ceiling will know how cruel of a prank this really was!

Latest resources

Back