Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impressions of ASA's training/standards dept.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way, the ATR doesn't necessarily have the lot on good instructors. The RJ had some good ones as well. It is just remarkable that the ATR dept is that enjoyable to be a part of.
Perhaps I should clarify. I didn't mean to imply there aren't great instructors in the jet dept. Clearly there are, as I stated my feeling on RC who is an RJ guy. What it basically comes down to is quality control. Jim B. has a small dept. and can therefore keep a close eye on all his guys. They do not have that luxury in the jet dept. and hence you have the occassional 'hero instructor' that is not so much there to teach, but rather to prove that he knows more than you. These are the instructors I fear will stay once the new contract is signed. To them the job is all about their ego and the current pay is just a bonus. Again, there aren't a lot of them, but they certainly do exist in the jet dept. Jim B. will never allow that kind of mentality develop in his dept. and that is why his dept. is held in such high regard.

-Blucher

ASA's training department was top notch a few years back. I don't know how it is now since many got hired at the majors.

UGAsucks....you're full of crap. 2 IP's didn't come out of a sim laughing about failing a pilot on his/her PC. I'd bet my first year CAL pay on it. It's huge by the way.

Holy crap McNugent.....I just about pissed myself when I saw that avatar!!! Where do you get these avatars??

I was really bored and did a little cut and past. Some Freedom guy pissed me off today hence the addition of the caption:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back