Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impressions of ASA's training/standards dept.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon Blucher you have to have an opinion!!!!
Over all I'd have to agree that ASA has some of the best instructors around. Sadly I've also seen the very ugly side of a few of them (you know this ExHeloGuy). I'm very sad to see things look like they're going to change for the worse for the IP's if/when we ever get a new contract. I know our IP's work very hard and will go above and beyond whenever they are asked (by company or student). I hope the good ones will stay on even with the proposed changes. Realistically, though, I think many of them will go back to the line and/or go elsewhere for employment. Then we will be left with the IP's who are there for all the wrong reasons. The ego-trippers and ballbusters of the dept (yes, there are some of those too).

I also agree with the statements made about the ATR dept. being the ideal as far as training departments go. There just ain't a bad apple in that bunch at all (which is virtually unheard of in any group).

One more thing, Randy Cash is without a doubt the single best instructor I've ever had in any flight training at any level, and my training partner said the same. He is a truly gifted instructor and we are extremely lucky to have him.

What are your thoughts on the latest crop coming out of the school house, ExHeloGuy?

-Blucher

I did well with RC because I was always prepared. However, I have seen his behavior towards others and disagree wholeheartedly with his approach and disposition with regard to checking and jumpseat etiquette. Just one Dude's opinion. Perhaps he had a miserably bad day or three. I guess that is possible.

By the way, the ATR doesn't necessarily have the lot on good instructors. The RJ had some good ones as well. It is just remarkable that the ATR dept is that enjoyable to be a part of.

I did well with RC because I was always prepared. However, I have seen his behavior towards others and disagree wholeheartedly with his approach and disposition with regard to checking and jumpseat etiquette. Just one Dude's opinion. Perhaps he had a miserably bad day or three. I guess that is possible.

I've never had an event with RC and he seems to be a good guy when he's around FSI doing classes or in the sim. However, I will back up the above comment. He taught part of EMB-120 upgrade when I was going through it and he yelled at and berated a student in front of the class for being one minute late returning to the class room. He first locked the door so no one could get in and then yelled at him through the door before letting him in and then continuing to go at him. Perhaps he was having a bad day and that's not his normal demeanor, but I thought it was pretty unprofessional and childish.

Of course this was 8 years ago or so, so maybe he's mellowed out now.

Randy Cash is an idiot.

You're an idiot. Randy is one of the good guys. Did he bust you on a checkride you didn't bother to study for and injure your fragile little ego?

Blucher,

I will keep silent on the matter.

Double O Double N Double O N Y

Holy crap, I had him in recurrent a few years back and I didn't realize he was attending the class and not teaching it until day 3! I don't know how the guy that was actually running the class managed to avoid strangling him.

Just sit down and shut up Booby!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back