Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impressions of ASA's training/standards dept.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am in sim #8 tonight for upgrade with the test in a couple of days. I have to say that my experience for upgrade has been outstanding. Yes, you hear somethings that might go on but overall the people in the training department are fair and they are not there to fail you. 99% of them want you to pass and have a great life either as an Fo or a Capt.

ASA's training dept is second to none. There are a few IPs that need reality checks, but the vast majority are outstanding, very positive and helpful. I hate seeing so many of the outstanding ones leave like Casey and Brooks but understand their reasons for doing so. Will ASA wake up and not repeat the mistakes of the past? Doubt it, and that's a shame.

Hoser

HeloGuy,

The training at ASA was very, very good and very, very thorough. I left the company after 6 months for a base closer to home at another CRJ company. ASA's training was much better compared to my current employer. If you use the same attitude that you had at Cobra Hall or D/1-14th you'll be just fine.

Be careful about the Red Roof Inn, it's very shady. Dont' worry, just have a good tude and study like you're back at mother rucker.

Thanks for all the reply's, it seems they are all are positive, that is good, as for the references to snakes, cobra hall, goin guns, yea I agree to all thank you. I was just fishing. I would really like to here the negative also, no training department is perfect and I feel there is someone out there who did not have a good experience on the training side (SIM) or standards side (IOE). Negative reply's please fire away.

You're really going to have a tough time finding someone to dog the ASA training dept. It truly is the top of the regional industry.

There was one girl recently who received a cell phone call while she was training as a first officer in the sim. She answered it. The sim instructor politely "let her know" this wasn't the time for phone calls. She told him something to the effect, "be quiet I'm on the phone". Her sim session came to a sooner than usual conclusion. Maybe you could ask her about ASA's training dept.

Yeah, if what my recurrent instructor told us is any indication I'm sure some of the new-hires will have a few complaints about the training dept.

Yeah, if what my recurrent instructor told us is any indication I'm sure some of the new-hires will have a few complaints about the training dept.

Like the new hire FOs assigned to the ATR who went to Scott Hall and told him they "didn't get hired to fly a turboprop, because they're jet pilots" and demanded to be placed on the jet?

C'mon Blucher you have to have an opinion!!!!

Like the new hire FOs assigned to the ATR who went to Scott Hall and told him they "didn't get hired to fly a turboprop, because they're jet pilots" and demanded to be placed on the jet?

Please tell me that didn't happen!!!!!????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back