• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Important Items in the Delta/NWA "Merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So we have to wear the double breasted jacket on the first of April?;)

It might be a good idea in MSP and DTW, since it is still cold up there in early April....and just think, you guys will finally look FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It might be a good idea in MSP and DTW, since it is still cold up there in early April....and just think, you guys will finally look FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I like the uniform just fine, but what vendor do you use for the mandatory over-sized oil portrait for your home foyer? That's a new one for us, and the $400 aint gonna cover it.

Important point:

Northwest pilots wore the exact same double-breasted uniform (that Delta pilots currently wear) from 1931 to 1948. So lose the "finally" myopia, 'kay? We evolved to a "Marine Corps-style" flap-pocket design (resembled the USMC "Service A" coat). That design evolved in the early 60's into the current "well-pocket" design we wear today.

xj,

No one says that wearing a hat makes you a better pilot.

Looks are important. No sarcasm. The passengers care. You are judged by the way you look.
Pretty much the only thing they see is how you look.

If you are 50 pounds overweight in a leather jacket that is 2-3 sizes larger with your epaulets down your arms and spiky hair etc they wonder if there is an alternative airline. The looks reflect personalities.

I noticed that to the most of them hats and jackets look good and leave a good impression.

Once you stop flying for a contract carrier and move on to the one with a brand you'll see the difference too.

xj,

No one says that wearing a hat makes you a better pilot.

Looks are important. No sarcasm. The passengers care. You are judged by the way you look.
Pretty much the only thing they see is how you look.

If you are 50 pounds overweight in a leather jacket that is 2-3 sizes larger with your epaulets down your arms and spiky hair etc they wonder if there is an alternative airline. The looks reflect personalities.

I noticed that to the most of them hats and jackets look good and leave a good impression.

Once you stop flying for a contract carrier and move on to the one with a brand you'll see the difference too.

You are funny, are you as ignorant as not to realise the fun and sarcasm I had with this posting? I know something about professionalism-I live it. I also know that how you look is important, but I also know that the style of your jacket, whether it be leather, single breasted, or double breasted does not reflect your professionalism. What does matter is how you wear your company approved uniform. Is it worn out? Is it dirty, are you a slob? etc.

And your comment about contract and "brand" comment, give me a break, you are a tool! If this was not in the world we live in today, I would be at a major, a lot of other professional acting pilots would be too-but let me just add this one more thing. I know pleanty of lifer Mesaba pilots who carry their professionalism with pride, showing it in their looks, skill and attitude all while knowing they will not be going to a "brand carrier". For one reason or another they have a career at a regional, sometimes its a career choice, sometimes its playing the best hand you are delt. But one thing is for sure, you are not in a place to dictate that because someone is at a regional they do not know "the difference", as you put it!

Lets just have some fun with this, and I think both sides could use some laughs. Oh by the way, I do hope that the new pilot group will not suffer from what other "mergers" suffered from.

Important point:

Northwest pilots wore the exact same double-breasted uniform (that Delta pilots currently wear) from 1931 to 1948. So lose the "finally" myopia, 'kay? We evolved to a "Marine Corps-style" flap-pocket design (resembled the USMC "Service A" coat). That design evolved in the early 60's into the current "well-pocket" design we wear today.

Easy there Sim God. I was joking. Regardless, we will ALL look DAMN SEXY and the chicks will "dig" us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We just received a bulletin that sent our international procedures back about 40 years so we match DAL....stuff we gave up long ago... stone age I guess...

We just received a bulletin that sent our international procedures back about 40 years so we match DAL....stuff we gave up long ago... stone age I guess...

Par for the course...after all, flyin' the mail across the continent through the depths of winter ain't like dustin' crops down on the delta, is it?

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back