Important Items in the Delta/NWA "Merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjhawk

Its pretty much a done deal for Delta taking over NWA. The pay looks better, so thats good. Now for the important questions that nobody is addressing. Whats the outcome of the Hats and Jackets. Yes people, Delta is known for their image of always wearing their hats and their double breasted jackets! Did the new comtract take into account for NWAS guys and their lack of Hats and shiny new leather Jackets?

The last time I started a thread about leather Jackets, it got sort of heated. Please people, be civilized. Wearing a leather jacket does not make you less of a pilot. But maybe polyester military style uniforms do make for a more professional look. Yes, sarcasm!

Let the fun begin!

Its pretty much a done deal for Delta taking over NWA. The pay looks better, so thats good. Now for the important questions that nobody is addressing. Whats the outcome of the Hats and Jackets. Yes people, Delta is known for their image of always wearing their hats and their double breasted jackets! Did the new comtract take into account for NWAS guys and their lack of Hats and shiny new leather Jackets?

The last time I started a thread about leather Jackets, it got sort of heated. Please people, be civilized. Wearing a leather jacket does not make you less of a pilot. But maybe polyester military style uniforms do make for a more professional look. Yes, sarcasm!

Let the fun begin!

To me, either looks just fine. As long as it is neat and the crew is well groomed, and both dressed somewhat the same.

At my prior legacy airline, we had a cutoff date for uniform jackets, etc. If you were caught not wearing your cap, they would mail you a new one, and payroll deduct the cost.

When the crew gets off the plane, and everyone is wearing something different, that looks a little rough.

Here at jetBlue we are the poster child for uniforms all over the map, and bad grooming, and back packs for flight bags, etc.

Times have changed, I suppose. There was a time when I never thought I'd pull a bag on wheels.

DW

Oh I know. And we never thought we would see computer generated maps in the flight deck. Just think about what they will come up with next.

Another issue...NWA pilots can reserve the jumpseat on a NWA airplane on a first come-first service 10 days prior to the flight. I'm not 100% certain of Delta pilot's jumpseat priorities however I could see this being a big issue for commuters.

Another issue...NWA pilots can reserve the jumpseat on a NWA airplane on a first come-first service 10 days prior to the flight. I'm not 100% certain of Delta pilot's jumpseat priorities however I could see this being a big issue for commuters.

I don't see the big deal. Whether its 10 days or 2 days for reserving the jumpseat, as long as the rules are the same for everyone, how have you lost? Whether its 10 days out or 2 days out, pilots will be sitting by the phone at the earliest possible moment to reserve their jumpseat.

Let the fun begin!

Why couldn't you keep this to your self? My god man, don't you know what you've done?

The NWA pilots will have to wear hats and wear the double breasted. It's already been set....compliance date the first of APR 09.

Latest resources

Back