Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

ImagineAir is going to "double its fleet over the next year" :

"Atlanta-based ImagineAir is hoping to double its fleet over the next year as it moves to expand its short-hop air-taxi service throughout the East Coast and ultimately move westward."

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-.../imagineair-eyeing-fleet-expansion-more-bases

Yet from another article:

At the other end of the market, Ben Hamilton, CEO of charter operator ImagineAir, called the shortage of available pilots “one of our biggest constraints.” And “…is looking at adding operations on the East Coast in part to tap into additional pilot pools.”

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...leaders-seeing-shortages-qualified-pilot-pool

So, the answer to a dearth of pilots is to double the fleet and open more bases in hopes he'll find pilots in the new bases ?

I'm not management material so what am I missing in this ?

There is no problem here that cannot be fixed with money and addressing QOL issues.

"
Atlanta-based ImagineAir is hoping to double its fleet over the next year as it moves to expand its short-hop air-taxi service throughout the East Coast and ultimately move westward."

Not going to be successful!!!! Pilots will not stay with a SE-IFR PT 135 operations for an indefinite period of time!! They will move on to "regionals" or "majors"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:laugh:

"

Not going to be successful!!!! Pilots will not stay with a SE-IFR PT 135 operations for an indefinite period of time!! They will move on to "regionals" or "majors"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:laugh:

While nothing to laugh about, it seems that G may have been correct...of course all hindsight is 20/20!

In May 2018 ImagineAir suspended operations.

I make no claim of business acumen or knowledge but I just don't see how a company like this could make a go of it. Even with light jets the model didn't last. DayJets ? PogoJets ?

I just don't see market enough to sustain it.

You can't follow an "Uber" type model in aviation-the equipment costs are too damn high even if you could find people to fly them for free!

This outfit went "belly up" over a year ago!!!!! Cannot attract pilots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back