• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm The Guy You're Talking Junk About!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been called out many times. One member here once sent me a PM listing all my information (which he got from the FAA airman database, I assume) essentially bragging that he was able to deduce this stuff about me. It's no big deal. If someone is so desperate to know that stuff about me, a quick survey of my prior posts will probably reveal whatever they'd want to know. Of course, it'd likely be easier to just ask me. I don't have anything to hide.

For that reason, I'm careful what I say here. Essentially, I have a policy to not post anything I wouldn't want my friends, and especially my employer, to know.

I know a few folks around here, and their posts here reflect their everyday personalities...for better or worse.

Personally, I'm much more reserved and diplomatic in person. Most who know me wouldn't believe I could get so worked up as some of my posts would suggest.

Hipster Loser said:
Although the users on this board I'm sure, attempt to remain anonymous, have you ever wondered if someone has pinpointed or discovered your identity.
I use an obscure screen name and rarely reveal details about my experience or position. I figure as long as nobody knows my name or where I work I can say anything I want and never have to take responsibility for my words.

:)

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard, "Oh, so YOU"RE the TonyC!" ... :)

... the TonyC?!?!? :eek:

It's weird, you sometimes see certain pilots while on the road and wonder if you'd talked to them here.

For example, any time I see a chick in a pilot's uniform get out of a CJ, I wonder if it's English.

English is female? I didn't know that.

...so I'll watch the little guy start fires for a few more hours. Makes me want to go buy some matches for old times sake and burn things in the ashtray.

Do that. Skip the ashtray.

I call it "Job Security."

TonyC said:
I use an obscure screen name and rarely reveal details about my experience or position. I figure as long as nobody knows my name or where I work I can say anything I want and never have to take responsibility for my words.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard, "Oh, so YOU"RE the TonyC!" ... :)

... the TonyC?!?!? :eek:

If I had a nickel for every time I plucked a nickel out the loafers of one of your guys napping in the crew room, I'd have two nickels each time. But don't tell anybody! :D

Latest resources

Back