• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of identities...

anyone know who this avbug guy is?
He seems to get peoples goat often...

I've got this strange feeling he's real secretive and no one knows who he is. He's very vague and selective in details about his accounts of experiences.

Speaking of getting someones goat...here's the origin of it, if you're curious.

It actually came from a time when racehorse owners and trainers use to keep a goat around the stable to calm the horses down and act as companion animals for them.

When it was a race day for a particular horse, it was common for the opposing staff to try and sabotage the race by stealing the goat of the barn that was entered against them in the race.

When the goat was taken, the horse would become very nervous and often did not do as well in the race.

Kingairrick said:
NYC:
I'm a richer man knowing that...

But I'm worried about you now.

avbug just has this presence on the board and seems to aggrevate many. he's a puzzling character, thats all.

Kingairrick is correct. If your profile is correct, and you post much, someone will figure it out.

Many people know my identity, and most just figured it out. BTW, my screen name has nothing to do with who I am, it's more about what I might say next.

Avbug is real, I've been reading his stuff since the old Pro Pilot forum. I would imagine that his identity would be real easy to decipher were one a member of the tanker community. Most here can't figure him out, because we don't run in his circle.

The one I haven't figured out is that mar guy, I know him, but in person he's too cool to be a wacked out lib. :D Someone must have stolen his sign in.

enigma, the heartless conservative.

Really aggravating...a few years ago I walked into the office of a small rural FBO. A government pilot was there waiting for some passengers. We talked for a few minutes, five or so about nothing in particular. Out of the blue, he said, "are you avbug?" I said, "Who?" He said "avbug, from flightinfo."

I had to scratch my head. I said yes, I post under that screen name, but it's been a long time since anybody's actually called me that. I asked him what made him think of that...he said he didn't know, but apparently I'm the same in person. I've had five or six people out of the blue say that in FBO's here and there.

I've had a couple of disgruntled posters list my name and even personal information on the net before. Usually they get it wrong in some form or another...but your'e right, it's not hard...and it's not really important.

Let's be honest...does anybody care who I am? Criminey...I don't even care. I can't imagine it's that important to anyone else.

Avbug... It's kinda like working that piece of tale at the hotel bar and then finding out you have to fly at 6 a.m. rather than noon. You'll just never know.. for sure. It's the chase of the game. It's the legend and the lure. Kinda like Duke Ellington. You could never live up to the legend that people have set in their mind about who you are. But you are who they want to be.

aLear31pilot, are you ok today man? You are posting weird stuff...;)

Put that stuff down already, or at least share it!

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
Immolation or self immolation has to suck big time, but I can appreciate the humor. Flame on! :D
If I knew what that meant... I'd be happy or sad. I don't, so I'll watch the little guy start fires for a few more hours. Makes me want to go buy some matches for old times sake and burn things in the ashtray.

Food poisoning and sleep deprivation mixed with 7 & 7's. Ya, I better sign off, huh? lol
Laterz

Latest resources

Back