• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What he said was you get TWO vacations per year. That is the unacceptable result of eight day rotations without a clause that equates a vacation week with a rotation week. Once again, if management insist on these outrageously long rotations, vacation should be equally long. AND, ten years equals four vacation weeks. You guys have allowed management to convince you to give up all work life balance in favor of this ridiculous work schedule. That must change.
A vacation week is a rotation of 8 days off!

Two 8 day rotations off.
Three 8 day rotations off if you have the hours

7 scheduled off, 8 vacation days (a rotation) 7 scheduled off = 22 days in a row free from any obligation to the company.

If you get three vacations and do back to back

Then 7, 8, 7, 8, 7 =. 37 days in a row free from company obligation.

A vacation week is a rotation of 8 days off!

Two 8 day rotations off.
Three 8 day rotations off if you have the hours

7 scheduled off, 8 vacation days (a rotation) 7 scheduled off = 22 days in a row free from any obligation to the company.

If you get three vacations and do back to back

Then 7, 8, 7, 8, 7 =. 37 days in a row free from company obligation.

You keep making my point!! You do not accrue enough vacation in a year!! That is the point!!! Two vacations, three if you have enough time is BU!!S***!!!! FOUR VACATIONS FOR A TEN YEAR EMPLOYEE!!! FOUR, NOT TWO OR THREE!!!

That there is even a question about whether you would accrue enough time for three vacations tells me you have a completely f'd up mentality about work life balance over there.

That there is even a question about whether you would accrue enough time for three vacations tells me you have a completely f'd up mentality about work life balance over there.
The reason why I don't accrue enough vacation for three is because, I take time when I want it, and not when they want me to take it.

That is why in the next JCBA we should have mutiple schedules, keep the current Flex one as a base and offer a voluntary 7/7 schedule to whoever wants it.

its not that simple. Pref bidding works best when everyone is on it. We had voluntary 7/7 for a while and it was nixed because it meant junior people could use that to make sure they get Xmas off or something. In our system if you want 7/7 you just bid for it. If you are senior enough you get it. But who in their right mind wants to work 7 days in a row? I don't get how you guys do 8/6 and actually defend it as a good idea

its not that simple. Pref bidding works best when everyone is on it. We had voluntary 7/7 for a while and it was nixed because it meant junior people could use that to make sure they get Xmas off or something. In our system if you want 7/7 you just bid for it. If you are senior enough you get it. But who in their right mind wants to work 7 days in a row? I don't get how you guys do 8/6 and actually defend it as a good idea

We don't do 8/6, we do 8/7 or 7/7, or a flex schedule. I am all for having more options, but if you want something other than an 8/7, you guys better get together and overwhelmingly vote the union in and then be ready to volunteer and support the negotiations. If you just sit in the background and B!tch about how great Flexjet used to be, we are all doomed.... It's your choice.

Does this mean that you will be on the negotiations committee ?

If so, I like your idea and support you 100%.

That's what the discussion is about. But it does no good to be on the negotiating committee if people like slowtation won't 86 the ridiculous notion that vacation should be lumped with other stuff. If you fly sick, you can have an extra vacation?? WTFO?? They are mutually exclusive. And you guys consistently argue in favor of this f'd up nonsense.

And management's argument that you can use pto when you want is BS too. You must have approval from your manager...translation: you will not get your wife's birthday off if it falls mid rotation.

Latest resources

Back