• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im gonna help Delta... NOT!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that I could care anything about Delta, but let me ask you this.
Why shouldn't you sj operators be subjected to the same taxes that the airlines pay? What makes you so special?
Just curious.

Midge[/color][/size]
[/size][/font]

Why should a plane generating revenue from 4 pax get taxed the same amount, or more, than one that has 200 pax? How about a tax-per-seat? Funny the airlines won't come up about that one...
They robbed their labor, they robbed their customers, and now they want to rob the competitor. Airlines are just like any other private enterprise, survive in your business or shut up and die. Would you expect the federal government to impose user fees on McDonalds for cooking oil or grills while giving a break to Burger King because Burger King is losing ground?

Why shouldn't you sj operators be subjected to the same taxes that the airlines pay? What makes you so special?

The GA Trust Fund was set up for modernization. The FAA was budgeted 20% of the trust fund annually. Currently the FAA is using 60%.

The Fund is partially funded by fuel taxes:
Airlines pay .04 cents per gallon
Corp jets pay .21 cents per gallon
http://www.natca.org/assets/Document...esearch2.0.pdf

The FAA fact sheets show the airlines mainly use the 30 largest airports. Of these 30 airports, 90% is airline traffic. Of the remaining smaller airline airports, 50% is corp jet traffic. Of total ATC operations, 78% is airline related.

Airlines are receiving Federal bailout funds.
Airlines are getting subsidies to operate unprofitable routes.
Airlines are having landing fees waived to operate at certain hubs.
Airlines are getting preferential takeoff and landing priority.
The explosion of corporate jet sales is a direct result of the poor service provided by the airlines. They made their bed.....

Pretty hypocritical to ask corp jets to pay landing fees when they aren't having to pay them themselves.

I'd love to plaster your packets all over my planes....(PM me with info and I will be sure that NWA painted planes get them)
Airline management should be shackled in the town square like the old days to be spat on and have rotten food thrown on. All user fees will do is kill GA, the only real source of pilots for these knuckleheads for the forseeable future. If they get a big influx of military pilots then it will be from a cause that will stop most civilians from flying anyway....

As much as I like the leverage that this "pilot shortage" may bring... I'd much rather be able to actually get the trip drops and trades that I need to be with my family when needed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back