• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm Going To The 767ER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it was that great a gig, and an increase in QOL, new-hires wouldn't be holding it!

A buddy of mine is a 7 yr Mad Dog...has no interest in spending holidays in Lagos.

But I'm sure you'll have fun...

enjoy....

I hear it is a great gig indeed. There are a number of reasons that it is going to new hires! First, all of our growth in international! We are decreasing our domestic so there are a lot of slots on the ER! Second, the pay cuts that we took have made the spread between MD88F/O and 767ER F/O smaller. On the 88 I am able to hold a great line, get the days off I want, go to the cities I want, and there is lots of open time so you can get paid for a lot of hours! I was averaging around 82 hours or so a month! 7ER reserve guar is 70 hours a month! With the difference in pay, it is possible to make more on the 88! Third, our per diem needs to increase for interantional! With the dollar worth around 60% of the euro the per diem is to low! Fourth, the 7ER slots at JFK go unfilled because of the above mentioned reasons plus commuting there sucks! Variables such as full flights, and more and more RJs that cancel, are late all the time, or are weight restricted makes the commute difficult. You just cant count on the RJs to get you anywhere in time for a reserve check in!

On the other hand, I live in my base(ATL) so I wont need to commute! I am a 45 minute drive to the airport! Short calls wont bother me, I probably will not be called that often if I bid reserve (I can hold a line though) soI can hang out at my swimming pool during the summer! I want to fly to all of these locations and check them out! I have my own business in addition to Delta so money is not that big of a deal for me! And most important, the 767ER kicks ass! Not like a RJ50 of course, but cool all the same!

Last edited:
looks like there are still about 100 ER opening after this AE. Will they look for displacement to it or will they put the new hires in there? It is something that I am sure will be interesting for them to figure out.

Hot, no trees, nothing but mexicans, and one of the largest drug wars going on across the dried up river! Great spot! I can always tell when someone is jealous! Thanks for showing me I was right!

Jealous? No. I've lived in Australia, New Zealand, the far east and I have visited Europe. If I ever need to see those places again I can get a pass on your airline and make you fly me over there. As for me, I have the greatest gig there is, all day trips and home every nite. My kids know me, does yours???

Jealous? No. I've lived in Australia, New Zealand, the far east and I have visited Europe. If I ever need to see those places again I can get a pass on your airline and make you fly me over there. As for me, I have the greatest gig there is, all day trips and home every nite. My kids know me, does yours???

We have day trips too, on all of the airplane types. We also have options on what aircraft to fly. Do you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

We have day trips too, on all of the airplane types. We also have options on what aircraft to fly. Do you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you guys have Midland layovers? I'm thinking about leaving Southwest for Delta, since I can hold the ER, anyways I think I'll really miss the Texas flying. Can I still do some Texas flying at Delta?

I decided that I have had enough of the Mad Dog! The new AE awards were posted today and I am glad to see that I will be going to the 767ER. I am looking forward to all those new International destinations. I was surprised to see that the ATL based 767ER is still being held by new hires! I would get ready for a very long sit on reserve, but what a great plane to start your major airline career in! I myself loved the time I had on the 727 panel! Oh well, for those looking to come over to Delta, there is a lot of choices open to our new hires! Hope I'll see some of you soon!

You sound like a starry-eyed new hire out of an RJ at some commuter

Latest resources

Back