Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnpeace

#199 of 201
Passed my instrument checkride today with 160TT,60 XC PIC, 12 actual instrument, 40 sim instrument.

Hopefully the commercial goes quicker/easier like everyone says.

I'm *so* looking forward to doing pattern work in a champ or something that doesn't even have a AI...sick of staring at the panel.

Congrats!, do yourself a big favor and READ this carefully, go now and take your CFI-I written and get it out of the way, you will save yourself the little catch things that I am quickly being reminded of doing this double I

johnpeace said:
Passed my instrument checkride today with 160TT,60 XC PIC, 12 actual instrument, 40 sim instrument.

Just remember that when driving to look up at the road! After I got my IR I was constantly scanning the panel in my car.

Congrats and enjoy it!

I thought I was the only one!!! thats funny

Fly_Chick said:
Just remember that when driving to look up at the road! After I got my IR I was constantly scanning the panel in my car.

Congrats and enjoy it!

blueraider said:
Congrats!, do yourself a big favor and READ this carefully, go now and take your CFI-I written and get it out of the way, you will save yourself the little catch things that I am quickly being reminded of doing this double I

I did already. Took it the day after my instrument written and got a 92.

That's really good advice. This was a horrbile written to study for!

congrats on the rating... I found that ride to be the hardest (especially the oral). I actually flew very well (from my perspective :), but I did find the oral portion to be very tough (I think my oral was 2.5hrs!).

congrats! i got my private on monday, and have my second and third lessons today for my instrument. good luck w/ the commercial!

Congratulations!!!

I hope you realize that there is perhaps nothing more dangerous than a green instrument pilot out in the weather by him/herself. Passing a written and taking a checkride no more makes you an instrument pilot than buying a piano would make you a concert pianist.

We all start out “green”, but as we gain more experience, hopefully, we become “seasoned”. That’s what experience does for you, you don’t manipulate the controls “better”, you just fly “smarter”. Now, I'll give you a bit of advice that I've given to all of my instrument students over the years: Go out and buy 2 books, "Instrument Flying" by Taylor and "Weather Flying" by Buck. Those two books, if you read them, will be worth at least 500 hours of actual instrument experience to you. Go get them and read them through cover to cover two or three times and take notes.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back